'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Steel Trailer Lining?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-11 8:30 PM
2 replies, 1947 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

grayland
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-06-10 10:20 AM (#42820)
Subject: Steel Trailer Lining?

Regular

I want to pull the plywood lining out of my steel trailer and replace it with something that will protect the inside of the walls but not hold or absorb water.  I got some samples from Rumber last year and they sent a sample of a product that was 3/8" thick and came in 4 x 8 sheets, but none of their listed dealers carry it, plus it sounds like the thinner stuff they do carry is pretty pricey ($95/sheet - ouch).  Any other ideas out there?  Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-06-10 9:13 PM (#42847 - in reply to #42820)
Subject: RE: Steel Trailer Lining?

Expert

Originally written by grayland on 2006-06-10 10:20 AM

I want to pull the plywood lining out of my steel trailer and replace it with something that will protect the inside of the walls but not hold or absorb water. I got some samples from Rumber last year and they sent a sample of a product that was 3/8" thick and came in 4 x 8 sheets, but none of their listed dealers carry it, plus it sounds like the thinner stuff they do carry is pretty pricey ($95/sheet - ouch). Any other ideas out there? Thanks

Marine ply, but that is probably even more expensive.
How many sheets ?
Given the labor that you'll be putting in and how long it SHOULD last, does the cost of the material matter THAT much ?
grayland
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-06-11 8:30 PM (#42875 - in reply to #42820)
Subject: RE: Steel Trailer Lining?

Regular

Never gave marine plywood a thought.  Pressure treated is out, due to reaction with steel.  I've never had much experience with marine plywood.  Will check into it.  As far as cost, you're right - if it does the job, then it's worth the money - I just hate to spend anymore than I have to - I can always think of ways to spend my "extra" money - vet bills, farrier, horse dentist, etc., etc. :-).

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)