'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
C&B Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-30 9:21 AM
2 replies, 5769 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dunmare
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-23 1:17 PM (#42156)
Subject: C&B Trailers

New User

Right now I'm currently looking for a three horse bp and I came across a 2004 three horse BP C&B Rio for 7500. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on C&B, where they're located, what a good price is for one, are they a good trailer to have, basically anything anyone knows about them. Thanks for any help.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thuro-Bilt Trailers
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-26 12:39 PM (#42291 - in reply to #42156)
Subject: RE: C&B Trailers

New User

C&B is based in Nampa Idaho.  They stopped manufacturing Horse and Livestock trailers in late 2004 or early 2005 and converted all efforts toward utility or industrial trailers.  They are reputed to be very stout and solid built trailers, (as seen in their GVW).  I wouldn't be much help to you on price or value of the unit you are looking at.
halfpint23
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-05-30 9:21 AM (#42396 - in reply to #42156)
Subject: RE: C&B Trailers

Veteran

We have a 2-horse slant C&B, 1996 model. This trailer is h**l-fer- stout, pulls GREAT, has good ventilation and is serving us well. Most of our hauling this past year has been mares with foals at side, so we pulled the divider and just use it as a big box. It's tall enough that our tall TB and the big Irish Draught stud colt don't bump their noggins (unless they are being stupid - and then they learn NOT to bump their noggin).

It isn't a wide trailer, though, so hauling the big ones with the divider closed on them is not an option - we swing it away and let them find their spot, with only the head tie on.

My only real issue is the big ramp - boy, that sucker is heavy! I'd wish for a better counterbalance system, stronger springs or something....

All in all, can't say there's anything wrong with it - all the welding is good, things work well, it's been a good trailer for what it is. Anything I'd want changed would come with the bigger-better-newer trailer of my dreams!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)