'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
98 Featherlite Aluminum holes in floor

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-10 11:48 AM
2 replies, 2749 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-05-10 10:49 AM (#41546)
Subject: 98 Featherlite Aluminum holes in floor

Regular

I was looking at a 98 Featherlite Aluminum Trailer, 3 H Slant with a finished DR. Seemed like a good buy, until I looked under the floor mats. The floor has some corrosion and pitting.. along with a few holes. The largest hole was appr. 1/4 inch. Any thoughts, suggestion, or ideas? Can I put in a new floor? Repair the current floor? I have no idea what the cost of any type of repair would be.  The dealer suggested maybe spray Rhino liner in it. The trailer pulled decent and had no other major damage.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-05-10 11:38 AM (#41549 - in reply to #41546)
Subject: RE: 98 Featherlite Aluminum holes in floor

Veteran

My sister had Featherlite do same thing after few 4/5 years.She traded it in on another one(I wouldnt of stayed with that brand).She barely used it 6 to 8 times year an took good care cleaning it too.I would look around some more.Would be costly to replace an wouldnt be wise I belive or safe.Keep looking thats half fun of it too.Many great used trailers out there.
trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-05-10 11:48 AM (#41550 - in reply to #41546)
Subject: RE: 98 Featherlite Aluminum holes in floor

Regular

Thanks for the info Amy.  :-) I have had fun looking.........but have been looking for almost 3 months and am getting tired.  I sold my 2H LQ back in early March.. and am upgrading to a 3 H. I used this Featherlite to pick up a mare my daughter had purchased. The dealer I was working with.. is a friend of sorts and I have purchased other trailers from him that were new. He got this Featherlite in on trade.. and I was going to buy it. I am very glad I hadn't completed the paperwork prior to using the trailer etc. After unloading the mare we washed it out and flipped back the mats to dry.. and holy cow.. then I saw the floor. I had looked at the trailer a week earlier.. and asked him if the floor was ok (no holes etc). I was on my way to run some domestic errands and didn't want to get dirty pulling out the mats.. so..I just took his word for it. I don't think he intentionally told me otherwise.. I just don't think he looked under the mats himself.  Good wake up call for me! Any other used trailers I do look at... I will be getting dirty and pulling out the mats. Thanks again. Good to know someone else had the same issue.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)