'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Aluminum Trailer Recommendations

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-14 11:16 AM
2 replies, 2746 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

saddlebreds
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-13 9:53 PM (#40404)
Subject: Aluminum Trailer Recommendations

New User

Looking at buying a new aluminum horse trailer but I would like any personal feedback and recommendations relating to what I am interested in. I want a 3 horse slant bumper pull, wall to wall matting, possible rumber floor, possible water tank or room for one installed later, walk in tack/dressing room, flexible on step up or ramp and would ideally like extra tall/wide but don't have to have it.I was looking at the Circle J Lightning models but I'm just not sure. I am open to other brands if there are some recommendations out there. I tentatively plan on buying at the Cal Expo this summer so I want to do my homework early. Any pricing info would be appreciated too. I want this trailer to last and be my "dream" trailer; not something I regret! Thanks all!

Edited by saddlebreds 2006-04-13 9:54 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-14 9:11 AM (#40419 - in reply to #40404)
Subject: RE: Aluminum Trailer Recommendations

Expert

Originally written by saddlebreds on 2006-04-13 10:53 PM

Looking at buying a new aluminum horse trailer but I would like any personal feedback and recommendations relating to what I am interested in. I want a 3 horse slant bumper pull, wall to wall matting, possible rumber floor, possible water tank or room for one installed later, walk in tack/dressing room, flexible on step up or ramp and would ideally like extra tall/wide but don't have to have it.I was looking at the Circle J Lightning models but I'm just not sure. I am open to other brands if there are some recommendations out there. I tentatively plan on buying at the Cal Expo this summer so I want to do my homework early. Any pricing info would be appreciated too. I want this trailer to last and be my "dream" trailer; not something I regret! Thanks all!

Hi and Welcome.

I'm a straight load enthusiast for a number of reasons, but I'm not looking for an excuse to blab about that right now (-:
IF you REALLY want a trailer to "last" (or to be your last trailer) and according to your age and the age of your horses, you might want to consider the possibility that one day you will be hauling horses that are of a different size to the ones you currently have. There are MANY threads on this board about the length, width and angle of stalls in slant load trailers.

OK, enough of that. My favorites are Still 4-Star and Jamco (or I would have replaced them) with EBY still on my shopping list for "maybe next time". Silver Star also look good, as do Dream Coach. Some of this could change in the next 5 or 10 years and I'm not actively looking to replace either trailer in the short/mid term anyway. Quality DOES seem to generally follow price, although the point of diminishing returns is more of a fuzzy blob than a point (-:
I suggest you do a LOT of browsing at dealerships and at local show/events where you can talk to owners in your area regarding local dealers, their pricing and after sales service/support.

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-14 11:16 AM (#40427 - in reply to #40404)
Subject: RE: Aluminum Trailer Recommendations

Expert

Originally written by saddlebreds on 2006-04-13 8:53 PM

I tentatively plan on buying at the Cal Expo this summer so I want to do my homework early. 

I want this trailer to last and be my "dream" trailer; not something I regret! Thanks all!

Homework applies to the tow vehicle & hitch too.

Are you currently pulling a comparable sized trailer with three horses?

You will regret the new trailer if your tow vehicle and hitch isn't up to the new job.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)