'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Generator Question... II

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-22 9:34 AM
2 replies, 2371 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-03-22 1:13 AM (#39265)
Subject: Generator Question... II

Veteran

Do they make a truly silent diesel (preferably) generator?  Reason I ask is that we're not allowed to run noisy generators after 10:00 pm at the rides I do.

Trying to get as silent as possible... nervous about propane in the trailer and would much prefer to do the electrical heat, hot water, and fridge thing.  Maybe there are other ideas to resolve my plight?

Just don't want to wake up dead one morning when carbon monoxide poisoning has occurred and the CO detector didn't work...

Mike

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-03-22 7:53 AM (#39284 - in reply to #39265)
Subject: RE: Generator Question... II

Extreme Veteran

I have the same problem at endurance rides-no generators after 10PM- but saw what I thought was the answer last year. We had a company rep from Kyle, TX that came to a ride to demonstrate an inverter. It was in a pickup tool box and had specially built batteries(lead-acid) inside. Took almost all of the tool box for equipment and they replaced alternator with a high rate(truck) alternator. This was a 50 amp setup that was recommended for RV's. He said it would run an RV for about 8-10 hrs continuously before having to recharge (2-3 hrs for recharge) It looked like the perfect setup since it made no noise whatever. But the downside was the price - $7500.00 at that time. So, I still use the Honda EU3000i instead.
racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-03-22 9:34 AM (#39297 - in reply to #39265)
Subject: RE: Generator Question... II

Veteran

Thank you... way out of my price range... $7500 will nearly complete my LQ addition.  :-)  We'll see what happens on the price.

Thanks again,

Mike

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World