'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Question: Cutting out plywood for electrical boxes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-02 11:31 AM
2 replies, 3115 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rose66
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2008-06-01 9:57 PM (#85002)
Subject: Question: Cutting out plywood for electrical boxes

Veteran

Well things in my life have settled down some so I now have time to start working again on my LQ conversion, hence all the questions I'm asking. When I am putting up the plywood for the walls, is there an easier way to find the proper location to cut out for each outlet other than measuring. I'm thinking of chalk (or something like that) that I could put on the outlet box so that when I stood the plywood up against it, it would make an impression on the plywood of where the electrical box was. Any suggestions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-06-01 10:32 PM (#85007 - in reply to #85002)
Subject: RE: Question: Cutting out plywood for electrical boxes

Expert

If you know the location of the box, you can install the plywood over it. With an electrical circular cutter or small router and a plunge cutting bit, you can push into the center of the box and then move to the outside shape, following the edges of the boxes. This will make quick work of cutting the holes and make measurements unnecessary. It works well on drywall and thin plywood paneling.

Gard

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2008-06-02 11:31 AM (#85052 - in reply to #85002)
Subject: RE: Question: Cutting out plywood for electrical boxes

Elite Veteran

If you use a circular cut tool such as a Dermel, go in a counter-clockwise direction, against the direction the bit is turning, on the inside of the box. When I did my house, I found that to work much than clock-wise because the bit would bite in and run away from you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)