'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Utah trip

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-12 9:49 AM
2 replies, 2882 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SarahR
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-05-07 11:32 AM (#83383)
Subject: Utah trip

We got back on Monday night from our 12 day Utah trip. I wrote up a trip report with lots of pics at:

http://www.fourcornerstrails.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194

Most of our time was spent in the Comb Wash/Cedar Mesa area west of Blanding, Utah. This is an absolutely outstanding area to ride, it's vast and offers a variety of terrain with riding on trails, 4WD roads, and off trails.

We've been riding there spring and fall for the last 6 years, so if anyone is thinking of a trip there I am more than happy to share the info I have.

Sarah Rose
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-05-13 1:48 PM (#83851 - in reply to #83383)
Subject: RE: Utah trip

Elite Veteran

Great photos!  I did a week long ride back in '91 with Fits Equestrian out of Cortez, Utah.  We rode similar country to your ride and I remember a day spent in Mule Canyon, so I wonder if it's the same canyon...  We found all kinds of Anazazi ruins along the way to explore on foot.    The leader of the ride was a Archeology Professor who explained all about the terrain, ruins, etc and we had a Navajo guide.  He would disappear and then show up on top of a ridge with his horse and it seemed like he must have flown to get to those places...  I loved riding that area, you're lucky to be so close.... 
SarahR
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-06-12 9:49 AM (#85572 - in reply to #83851)
Subject: RE: Utah trip

It probably was the same area. The terrain is more challenging than one first would expect with the cliffs and ledges. It's a blast to explore both on and off trail :) I can't wait until October when we go back.

Sarah

www.fourcornerstrails.com

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World