'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Information about how to a Sponsorship please!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-31 8:01 AM
2 replies, 2698 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Pet~Lover~31
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-08-30 9:37 PM (#66883)
Subject: Information about how to a Sponsorship please!!!

New User

Hello everyone,

This is my 1st time over to this chat area, I'm trying to learn how I could get a trailer company to sponsor me. Can of you help me out? I've never had one in the past and I don't know anything as far as how it all would work, So could any of you help me better understand and how to go about it.?

I Thank You all Up front so I don't forget later on to say Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
notfromtexas
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-08-31 6:03 AM (#66891 - in reply to #66883)
Subject: RE: Information about how to a Sponsorship please!!!

Veteran

Well...anyone who would want to sponsor is going to be looking for a couple of things.  #1, no offense, they are looking for someone who wins.  If you are new to the sport or a casual rider just having fun, you're not going to draw enough attention to yourself to make it worth their while to spend there advertising dollars on you.   Having said that, they want someone who draws positive attention-if you are the John Macenroe (sp?) of the horse world and throw your brush at your horse if you don't win, or have nothing but nasty comments about your fellow competitors, then you have to pay on your own for that "priviledge".  If you feel that you have a lot to offer a company in exchange for money or prducts, then you need to promote yourself.  There is a woman, I think her name is Jennifer Lee (but I'm not sure), who self promoted herself very well, had a website, made herself known at shows, etc, and who got several sponsors as a result.  So basically you need to be a go-getter, talk to companies, and expect 100 no's for every yes.
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-08-31 8:01 AM (#66894 - in reply to #66883)
Subject: RE: Information about how to a Sponsorship please!!!

First, put yourself in the position of the potential sponsor and ask yourself why would they want my name associated with their product. If you have something to offer them, particularly name recognition, then make your pitch to them. Sponsorships come in a lot of forms, from a nice patch to put on your shirt up to being furnished trucks, trailers, entry fees and expenses. The higher up the food chain, that is the better you are in your area of competition, the more you can expect. If you are of the caliber that you could expect a trailer company to provide you with a trailer, one would probably have already solicited you. It is a very competitive world, both in terms of advertising and getting the best to advertise for you. Sponsors expect a certain level of professionalism and conduct, so make sure you are prepared, should you get a sponsor. Also, be prepared to take a partial sponsorship, like the patch for your shirt, and work your way up.

Edited by Tx. Vaquero 2007-08-31 8:08 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)