'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
insulating steel g/n dressing room

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-13 9:53 AM
2 replies, 2922 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

painthorsegirl
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-12 6:48 PM (#59161)
Subject: insulating steel g/n dressing room

New User

I own a CM 2H slant g/n, with 4' short wall, steel trailer. It has an a/c that has been used in 100+degree weather and there is no condensation on the interior walls.  If I insulate the walls/ceiling is this going to alter that and cause interior condensation or otherwise mess up the "works"?  Also, any hints on insulating would be greatly appreciated.  I use this trailer for camping/trail riding in both hot and cold weather, and think that insulating the DR would make it easier to heat/cool.  Comments???
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2007-04-12 11:56 PM (#59195 - in reply to #59161)
Subject: RE: insulating steel g/n dressing room

Extreme Veteran

I insulated my steel gooseneck this past winter... here is the link I used for help, complete with pictures... I did mine the same way and it turned out great... http://todd.redwrench.com/index.htm *
rkranchgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2007-04-13 9:53 AM (#59214 - in reply to #59161)
Subject: RE: insulating steel g/n dressing room

Regular

I too used the above website to insulate my steel dressing room.  It is SOOOO incredibly helpful.  You will find little things that you might do a bit differently just because of how your trailer is setup or what you want the end result to be, but it is EVERYTHING you need to know.  I am almost finished with mine, on to the finishing touches and trim, but it has been fun.  It is so worth it in the long run and if done properly, it should not cause any condensation from your air conditioner, and help to keep it cooler longer.  Just take your time, be patient, and have fun with geometry!!

Good luck!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)