'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
PONDEROSA TRAILER FOR QUAD HAULING

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-25 4:09 PM
2 replies, 2656 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

VIPERPRESTO
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-24 7:17 PM (#54438)
Subject: PONDEROSA TRAILER FOR QUAD HAULING

HI ALL.  MY WIFE AND I WERE THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A STOCKMAN 16X6X7' HT TO HAUL OUR QUADS.  I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE PRETTY MUCH HORSE ENTHUSIASTS BUT IT IS THE TRAILER THAT I WOULD LIKE SOME QUICK FEEDBACK ON.  SEEMS LIKE IT HAS SOME CHEAP CHEAP FEATURES LIKE THE WELDS BEING JUST BEAUTIFUL. WE THOUGHT ABOUT USING SOME RHINO LINER FOR THE UNDERNEATH AS A PREVENTITIVE MEASURE AND UPGRADING THE TIRES TO LT TRUCK TIRES.  PRICE ON THE TRAILER IS $3800 OUT THE DOOR (TAX TITLE & TAGS INCLUDED).  NEW TRAILER 06 LEFTOVER.  IT COMES WITH 4 WHEEL ELECTRIC BRAKES INSTEAD OF JUST 1 OR 2. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER THINGS TO DO TO SAVE US MONEY IN THE LONG RUN??  THANKS MUCH!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose66
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-01-24 9:28 PM (#54455 - in reply to #54438)
Subject: RE: PONDEROSA TRAILER FOR QUAD HAULING

Veteran

I don't have any advice on the Stockman trailer but from personal experience I recommend measuring your quad length before you buy a trailer. We have two Grizzlies and until I measured mine just recently, I would have *never* thought they were 7 feet long each. Therefore, our Grizzlies will not fit sideways in a 6' wide trailer. Thankfully, the box on the horse trailer I'm picking up this coming Sunday is long enough that they will fit end to end.

One other suggestion...have you looked into getting an enclosed trailer rather than a horse trailer? Unless you need the trailer to haul double duty (haul horses and quads), I can't think of any reason to get a horse trailer just to haul quads. And perhaps an enclosed trailer will be cheaper since it doesn't have to be as heavy-duty for quads.

Happy 4-wheeling!!

Rose
VIPERPRESTO
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-25 4:09 PM (#54495 - in reply to #54438)
Subject: RE: PONDEROSA TRAILER FOR QUAD HAULING

ROSE,  THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.  WE MEASURED OUR QUADS A WHILE BACK AND OURS ARE 7' AS WELL (HENCE THE 16' LENGTH) WE WERE PLANNING ON END TO END PACKING.  BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT WAS THE PRICE OF THE ENCLOSED TRAILERS AND THE FACT THAT THEY WERE SO LIGHT DUTY THAT PROMPTED THE IDEA OF THE HORSE TRAILER. THE HORSE TRAILERS WERE LOW TO THE GROUND, DUAL AXLE, WITH FOUR WHEEL ELECTRIC BRAKES AND WITH REAL FLOORS (2X6) INSTEAD IF 1/2" PLYWOOD.  IT WAS OVER $2000.00 MORE FOR THE SAME SIZE ENCLOSED TRAILER WITH NO ELEC. BRAKES AND 2 AXLES WITH 14" WHEELS INSTEAD OF 15" ON THE HORSE TRAILER!  MY WIFE AND I WERE AMAZED.  I FIGURED THAT WHEN WE MOVE TO FLORIDA WE COULD ALSO "FARM OUT" THE TRAILER TO MOVE OTHER PEOPLES HORSES FOR THEM FOR A FAIR & DECENT PRICE AND MAYBE MAKE A FEW BUCKS ON THE SIDE.  I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PRICE WOULD BE FAIR SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS, PLEASE LET US KNOW.  I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THERE WOULD BE A MARKET FOR SUCH A SERVICE.   THANKS AGAIN,  BRANDON
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)