'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
injured leg

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-22 11:06 AM
2 replies, 3058 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cindydj
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-21 1:11 AM (#54174)
Subject: injured leg

Regular

This is one of those I am not sure what to do times....Lstnight my four year old paint and the Mustang we playing and rearing up in the pasture. It is muddy because we have had so much rain and stuff....then at feeding time my paint was very slow coming to the barn and he is always first in. Well I noticed he was kinda dragging his right front leg. So upon ispection he has a small cut between the knee and body on the inside. I am sure the Mustang pawed him while they were playing. It did not feel hot to touch and so I cleaned and medicated it good and placed in the stall for the night. His knee and upper leg appear some what swollen but not alot. He will put enough weight on it to paw for food. He is still the same today. I would have taken him to the vet yesterday but can not get to either trailer with all the mud...not sure I could get him in anyway. But today I did locate a vet that will come out tomorrow or I can try my vet Monday....He is standing and putting weight on it just kida hops when he turns he is not holding it up and it is not wiggly....Please don't think I am neglectful of this baby I can not believe it is so muddy and it happened on Saturday night....
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowboyfritz
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-01-21 11:44 AM (#54184 - in reply to #54174)
Subject: RE: injured leg

I would say if you have anything that would take inflamation down like asp. for the horse or banimine would be better give that for the swelling. If you can flex the leg and not feel any bones moving that shouldn't be moving you might be ok. But still should have the vet look at it. Hope this helps.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-01-22 11:06 AM (#54234 - in reply to #54174)
Subject: RE: injured leg

Expert

Sounds like you do the best you could under the circumstances. Horses will be horses, the like to play around a bit. Happens alot. The only you can do is wait for the vet to come out and see if its just a cut or something else.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)