'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Building an interior wall

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-23 12:25 AM
2 replies, 2409 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gaelic
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-07-21 10:51 PM (#45225)
Subject: Building an interior wall

Regular

Hi there...my gooseneck trailer has enough space at the front to close off a 4 or 5 foot dressing room, which later on I plan on making into a little bit of a weekender type thing. Right now we've been using it to put hay, tack trunks etc. in it but everything has to be tied down so it doesn't slide into the horses! It's a pain, and I'd like to build a wall between the horses and the "stuff", and then later will work on the interior of the room.

How do I go about installing a wall? I was thinking of making it out of plywood, but how would it attach? I do not weld LOL nor have much tool expertise, but I'm thinking it could be attached to the "ribs" of the trailer somehow? Rivets? Screws? Screw the wood right to the rib? I'm going to secure stuff in the front anyway, but I do want it to be sturdy.

Any tips most appreciated! I love this site and marvel at some of the wonderful jobs you guys have done...but I do notice that most of you start out with a wall already there!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
wall
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-07-22 7:39 AM (#45231 - in reply to #45225)
Subject: RE: Building an interior wall

New User

It would depend on the type of construction your trailer is,and it also may not be too costly to get a local shop to build a frame,as they should have the right equipment to work with.What area of Canada are you in, as I might be able to help you.

mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-07-23 12:25 AM (#45256 - in reply to #45225)
Subject: RE: Building an interior wall

What about using metal stud for support? I think you can screw them in place and maybe to the ribs also.I think they have a floor and ceiling plate to connect at top and bottom. Then you could attach plywood to them.Or,use 2x4 on bottom like on a house floor. Just a thought.
Mommmamarsh
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)