'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Headlight Adjustment

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-04 6:07 AM
2 replies, 2152 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

texasjewel
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-07-03 5:36 PM (#43946)
Subject: Headlight Adjustment

New User

I have a 2004 Chevy 3/4T Duramax that pulls my Merhow 3-horse LQ without any problems whatsoever, except the weight on the rear causes my headlights to blind oncoming drivers.  Would air bags eliminate this problem or is there a self adjusting gadget for headlights?  It would be a pain to realign the headlights each time I towed.  Thanks for any advice.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntinfool
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-07-03 6:08 PM (#43949 - in reply to #43946)
Subject: RE: Headlight Adjustment

Regular

The air bags would probably help , and I think you would really like the air bags for towing . I was having the head light problem you are describing with my Ford and slightly larger tires . The head lights didn't seem to bother any body until I was towing my goose neck trailer . I ended up having the lights adjusted . It could be just me , but now that they are adjusted it doesn't seem like my lights are shining as far forward when I am not hauling a trailer .
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-07-04 6:07 AM (#43984 - in reply to #43946)
Subject: RE: Headlight Adjustment

Expert

Originally written by texasjewel on 2006-07-03 5:36 PM

I have a 2004 Chevy 3/4T Duramax that pulls my Merhow 3-horse LQ without any problems whatsoever, except the weight on the rear causes my headlights to blind oncoming drivers. Would air bags eliminate this problem or is there a self adjusting gadget for headlights? It would be a pain to realign the headlights each time I towed. Thanks for any advice.

My '03 1 ton came as a chassis/cab, but even before the flat bed was added the lights were high, straight from the factory they were just aimed HIGH.
Once adjusted I had no problems with oncoming drivers - correction, they no longer had problems with me.
Since putting the air bags on my headlight are definitely low, whether towing or not. It isn't enough to worry about, but I couldn't dazzle anyone with high beams if I tried - not that I would, but it is probably good that I can't. They probably do put out too much light anyway (-:
BTW, there is no side to side adjustment on mine, or I've never found it. They seem to assume that if they need re aiming side to side then you need to get the bodywork FIXED (-:
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)