'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Insurance for Freightliner FL60

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-23 10:23 PM
2 replies, 3535 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mullers
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-22 3:45 PM (#42101)
Subject: Insurance for Freightliner FL60

New User

I just bought a Freighliner FL60 Western Hauler and both the insurance companies i normaly deal with wont insure it because it is over a one ton.  I have also tried companies that insure commercial semi trucks.  As soon as they hear i am pulling a horse trailer they say they can't do it.  I found one company that will do it for $6000 per year.  There must be somone who knows of a reasonable company that will insure these type of trucks.  Does anyone have any experience with this problem or any suggestions?   

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaintPony
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-05-22 5:10 PM (#42103 - in reply to #42101)
Subject: RE: Insurance for Freightliner FL60

Veteran

I have a Chevy Kodiak 4500 (also over a ton) that is insured right on my normal policy with Allstate. Increased my policy by about $50 per month. I'm running farm tags (weighted at 26000) and have it insured as a farm vehicle.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-05-23 10:23 PM (#42184 - in reply to #42101)
Subject: RE: Insurance for Freightliner FL60

Extreme Veteran

You might try Progressive.  When I was in the insurance business, they would insure alot of these larger trucks.  You are better to go to an independent agent that sells for them instead of calling in on this type of policy.  They do a fairly good job with this type vehicle with regards to claims.  I would check about calling it a farm use vehicle like the previous post mentioned. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)