'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer ceiling.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-16 1:02 PM
2 replies, 2724 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gaelic
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-05-15 5:37 PM (#41755)
Subject: Trailer ceiling.....

Regular

I am actively designing my homemade LQ, since I'll be taking possession of my "new" trailer in June :) Well, new to me!!!

There are some fabulous ideas on this forum. I've learned how to insulate, wire, and do all sorts of things. However, I'm in a state over the ceiling.

I'm planning to put in Cedar panelling about halfway up the walls (got a good deal off of a friend who changed her mind about lining a closet! Yippeee) and then use some prefab panelling of some sort. Thing is, I am now trying to figure out the rest of the way up.

Trailer has a "curve" from the wall to the ceiling, I'm guessing about 6 inches but I don't have the actual measurement yet. What the heck do I use for this? I guess I could angle another panel and put moldings in each corner, or use pieces of the cedar to give a nice contrast to the plain panelling...I dunno. And then the ceiling? Any ideas? Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-16 10:47 AM (#41783 - in reply to #41755)
Subject: RE: Trailer ceiling.....

Expert

Since the search button is MIA ...

I'll repost...

There were a few good ideas for the corner..

1:  Sew a tube of fabric, then put a foam noodle with the cross-section like a daisey inside it.  The ribs grip the edges and the fabric gives a finished look.

2: use a strip of foam pipe insulation like #1

Both of these ideas allow access to the wiring at a later date.

danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-05-16 1:02 PM (#41795 - in reply to #41755)
Subject: RE: Trailer ceiling.....

We split our ceiling in two.  We are using soffit.  Put a j channel above the drop wall and at the slant.  We ran the soffet between the two and screwed it into the brackets.  It is bendy enough that it just bent around the curves where our ceiling curves into the wall.  We started in the center and it worked perfect - just enough on both sides that it comes down far enough our first piece of paneling will be over it.  We plan on putting trim between the two - maybe just a rope trim.  It looks good, was inexpensive, and it just wipes clean.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)