'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trading a horse for a LQ trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-13 9:34 AM
2 replies, 2222 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

fishbayfarms
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-11 11:04 AM (#38652)
Subject: Trading a horse for a LQ trailer?

New User

I was just wondering if there is anyone who would be interested in trading a new/used living quarters horse trailer for my 1995 17 hand APHA Overo Gelding with over 250 points in 10 events and multiple top ten placings at the world show in the 14-18 huntseat and the over fences classes. very easy ride and has also been used for a walk-trotter. his name is "Red Christopher". see attached pic.

Just sort of feeling this one out, to see if there would even be onyone interested or if it would be easier to just sell him outright?

thanks, Christine

Edited by fishbayfarms 2006-03-11 11:09 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-03-12 6:03 AM (#38691 - in reply to #38652)
Subject: RE: Trading a horse for a LQ trailer?

Expert

Originally written by fishbayfarms on 2006-03-11 12:04 PM

I was just wondering if there is anyone who would be interested in trading a new/used living quarters horse trailer for my 1995 17 hand APHA Overo Gelding with over 250 points in 10 events and multiple top ten placings at the world show in the 14-18 huntseat and the over fences classes. very easy ride and has also been used for a walk-trotter. his name is "Red Christopher". see attached pic.

Just sort of feeling this one out, to see if there would even be onyone interested or if it would be easier to just sell him outright?

thanks, Christine

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Briefly, I doubt it.
You would need VERY GOOD LUCK to find someone with the trailer you want who appreciates the value of the horse you're trying to trade. That person would have to be euqlly lucky to find you and the deal you're offering.
I suppose it is possible within a breed or discipline organization, but I think your chances are slim.

So... I think your other idea would be a lot more flexible. Convert him to dollars with someone who appreciates his value, convert those dollars to a trailer with someone who doesn't appreciate the value of their trailer - or who appreciates money more than their trailer.
(-:

qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-03-13 9:34 AM (#38731 - in reply to #38652)
Subject: RE: Trading a horse for a LQ trailer?

Veteran

I agree it probably would be easier to sell the horse outright.

:) BTW... I LOVE YOUR HORSE!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)