'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trails West trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-28 2:01 PM
2 replies, 3143 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

moonchaser
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-28 2:57 AM (#28636)
Subject: Trails West trailers?

I just looked at a new Trails West 4 horse w/LQ today that I really liked.  It had bunk beds in it!  I really need something like this set up for our family.

I would like to hear all opinions on these trailers good/bad/indifferent.

I always thought I would want the walk-thru door, but I like the bunk beds better for our kids.  It also has a sofa sleeper so we could even sleep more if need be.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lankyman
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2005-07-28 7:28 AM (#28640 - in reply to #28636)
Subject: RE: Trails West trailers?

Regular

I looked at one with a few weeks ago in NC.  It had a slide out on the driver's side of the trailer.  It was a nice trailer that had a lot of accessories with it.  It had an internal Onan generator also.  I think it was a 3-horse slant load.  The horse area was nice & it had the optional stud dividers on the slants.  The rubber matting was designed so that it actually came out of the back of the trailer & over the rear lip of the trailer to minimize the amount of shavings / dirt / stuff that could work its way up under the mats & rot-out the flooring.  My major concern about it was that it was not an aluminum trailer & all of the extra weight may cause problems in the future.  Price wise, it was kind of in-line considering all of the features on it.  It was not over priced just because of the brand name of it.  Good luck & hope you can find a trailer that you will be happy with & have many years of safe & enjoyable haulin'.
Rostrenga
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-07-28 2:01 PM (#28651 - in reply to #28636)
Subject: RE: Trails West trailers?

Veteran

I have just taken delivery of my third trails west LQ trailer, I keep up grading getting bigger and longer. in my opinion, the trails west trailer is one of the finest steel trailers on the market, the craftsmanship, quality of materials and attention to detail is well above most. I have a slide, generator, dry bath, mid tack, mangers, all of the neat stuff. I am a heavy camper and a weekender, I camp summer and winter, I have pulled my trails west trailers over mountains and through streams, I camp from Arizona to Missouri, and from Texas to Colorado,  and for weeks at a time. I have had no problems, no leaks (and it really rains in Missouri), well insulated and pulls straight. The interior is light colored wood so it remains bright inside. I am truley a satisfied customer. I buy mine from Cool Horse in Amarillo Texas from a gal named Anne Jacobson, she really knows her trailers. Give her a call. her number is 1-800-749-0522

Edited by Rostrenga 2005-07-28 2:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)