'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Skylight Dome Leaking

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-06-30 11:05 PM
2 replies, 3276 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Miner
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2014-06-30 12:57 PM (#159675)
Subject: Skylight Dome Leaking

This weekeng the skylight dome started leaking.  I inspected it, and it looks as though it needs to be resealed. My roof is fiberglass.  The skylight is a neo-angle dome which consists of an inner dome which is clear, and an outer dome which is smoke. The inner and outer dome appear to be sealed together with some type of caulk and that has also failed.  There are no visible cracks anywhere.  My question is what type of caulk/adhesive product do is use to reseal the inner and outer domes together, and what type of caulk/adhesive product do I use to seal it back on the roof.  Thank you for your help!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2014-06-30 3:32 PM (#159678 - in reply to #159675)
Subject: RE: Skylight Dome Leaking

Veteran

Depending on how bad the leak is a silicone caulk/sealer can be used, or what is called Eternabond tape to seal the full circumference of the dome against the roof. That is what the RV world uses as it is very plyable and seals just about anything to anything. Most RV centers will carry it as it is very popular. The inner and outer domes provide an air gap between them to reduce/prevent condensation. Sealing the edge between them can be done with clear silicone caulk as well to keep the air contained between them. JMO
trot-on
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2014-06-30 11:05 PM (#159679 - in reply to #159675)
Subject: RE: Skylight Dome Leaking

Extreme Veteran

I sealed mine on our cabover camper with the Eternabond tape.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)