'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Mounted Fuel Tank for Generator?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-16 3:53 PM
2 replies, 3623 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-08-16 9:36 AM (#123599)
Subject: Mounted Fuel Tank for Generator?

Extreme Veteran

Would it be safe to mount a small fuel tank on the front of my trailer (under the gooseneck)?  I have two Honda EU2000 generators which will run for about half a day on a tank of fuel.  Many people have built 6 gallon extended run tank which I will most likely do but thougth it would be cool if I could somehow secure a 5 or 6 gallon tank to the front of the trailer, or maybe underneath so I didn't have to drag a tank out of the pickup each trip.

Mike

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-08-16 3:43 PM (#123619 - in reply to #123599)
Subject: RE: Mounted Fuel Tank for Generator?

Expert

Mike ... Then you'll have to run your gensets under the GN.  Right under your sleeping area.  Is your GN gas tight?  That carbon monoxide gas is tasteless, odorless and deadly.

I'm like retento... I run the genset in the back of the truck, parked away from the trailer with an extension cord.  Added bonus is locking the genset to the safety chain loops.

Sherlock to Watson:  Look at the full moon Watson !  What does that mean to you?

Watson:  The Baskerville hounds will bark?

Sherlock:  No! Someone stole our tent !!!

blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-08-16 3:53 PM (#123620 - in reply to #123619)
Subject: RE: Mounted Fuel Tank for Generator?

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by hosspuller on 2010-08-16 3:43 PM

Mike ... Then you'll have to run your gensets under the GN.  Right under your sleeping area.  Is your GN gas tight?  That carbon monoxide gas is tasteless, odorless and deadly.

I'm like retento... I run the genset in the back of the truck, parked away from the trailer with an extension cord.  Added bonus is locking the genset to the safety chain loops.

Sherlock to Watson:  Look at the full moon Watson !  What does that mean to you?

Watson:  The Baskerville hounds will bark?

Sherlock:  No! Someone stole our tent !!!

We just go to day shows so it wouldn't be practicle to unhook the trailer.  I think it will probably just be easiest to do as I have been and putting the generators on the side of the trailer and filling from a tank....not really that much work.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World