'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2003 Elite 4 Horse GN

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-02 2:23 PM
2 replies, 4612 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

50stang
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-30 10:44 PM (#123028)
Subject: 2003 Elite 4 Horse GN

New User

I am looking at a 2003 Elite 4 horse GN. I have looked at and liked the Exiss XT/400, but Have found this Elite close to home. Does The trailer is 7' wide and 21' long. Does anyone know what this trailer weighs? Are there different models of Elite's? I have seen he "mustang" model but didn't know if ther are anyothers, or which are better. Any information on these trailers would be great!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-08-02 11:13 AM (#123094 - in reply to #123028)
Subject: RE: 2003 Elite 4 Horse GN

Veteran

50stang, For the trailer weight, check the little plate with the VIN number. This little plate is usually on the "A frame" of the gooseneck portion of the trailer. This plate should tell you the weight of the trailer. This will be the weight  without anything in it.  If somebody has put some LQ stuff in it, this will be additional weight.  If you have the VIN number, you can call Elite and they can give you the original factory weight.  I believe that an Elite is an Elite for 2003.  In the last few years, elite has come out with a "Mustang".  I believe that this is a "less features" version of an Elite. If one quality categorized trailers as high, mid and low range, the Elites are high end and the Exiss mid range. For comparable trailers, the Elite would be expected to have better resale value. If you have questions about Elite, just call Elite manufacturing in Oklahoma. The Elite folks are great to talk with and very knowledgeable.  Disclaimer, I am a recreational user and have both an Elite and a Featherlite (comparable to Exiss) and I am very pleased with the performance of both trailers.  However, I do believe, based on its construction, that the Elite will have more years/miles of useful maintenance free life than will the Featherlite.
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2010-08-02 2:23 PM (#123097 - in reply to #123028)
Subject: RE: 2003 Elite 4 Horse GN

Veteran

I have an elite and love it.. they are a good quality built trailer.. top of the line brand...if I were you I would buy it.. they hold their value very well..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)