'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BooHoo! Ponderosa Trails Closed

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-31 8:18 AM
2 replies, 4046 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-03-30 12:14 PM (#118208)
Subject: BooHoo! Ponderosa Trails Closed

Elite Veteran

I called Ponderosa to make reservations and was informed that the trails are closed adjacent to the campground. A bank owns the land and has it for sale for 1.7 Million. Ouch!! So if you want to stay at Ponderosa then you either have to trailer to Huckleberry State Park Trail Head or ride up the road to it. So not really practical to go if you have a LQ trailer and not very safe to ride up the rode. Too bad about the Ponderosa trails, they were very nice and Debbie is a very nice camp host.

Hopefully something can be worked out so we can enjoy the trails again. I'd pay a trail use fee and sign a waiver liability form just to be able to access the trails.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brendaclemens
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-03-30 4:42 PM (#118223 - in reply to #118208)
Subject: RE: BooHoo! Ponderosa Trails Closed

Regular

That is so sad :( I was planning two trips to her place this year. Huckleberry is OK, but Debbie has that wonderful spot of creek to play in with the horses. Maybe we could find out the bank name and make a proposition...
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2010-03-31 8:18 AM (#118251 - in reply to #118208)
Subject: RE: BooHoo! Ponderosa Trails Closed

Elite Veteran

It is too bad... we needed to stay over two nights ago on the way home from Caprock Canyon. I brought Ponderosa up on the net and saw that it was for sale AGAIN... for years, the same family sold it over and over to people and sucked alot of $$$$$ out of them. Jean Pekul worked hard, lost alot of $$$, and went back to Wisconsin. Then, they had a "manager". If we could get our rig into Rick and Mary's, we would happily go there, they are great. So we will camp off "K" and go primitive. The trails are still good... let the bank keep Ponderosa, it is a run down "Pig in a Poke" anyway. Happy Trails!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)