'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Repo Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-02-11 10:20 PM
2 replies, 3202 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2010-02-11 8:37 PM (#116451)
Subject: Repo Trailers

Veteran

I need a little help here...I've found a "repo" trailer - it is an 8 year old trailer - and the dealer says it is a bank repo and the balance is $56,000.00-it was over $100K new, I thought that a bank would take offers? Or is it a set price, take it or leave it.... And a dealer can sell it for the bank??? Is there anyway that this information can be verified...would a dealer share this information with a potential customer....he claimed the trailer was worth more than the balance owed...but "darned if I'm gonna sell it and have the bank get anymore than they are getting now!" How does this strike everyone?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-02-11 9:34 PM (#116454 - in reply to #116451)
Subject: RE: Repo Trailers

Expert

Originally written by Judy K on 2010-02-11 8:37 PM

I need a little help here...I've found a "repo" trailer - it is an 8 year old trailer - and the dealer says it is a bank repo and the balance is $56,000.00-it was over $100K new, I thought that a bank would take offers? Or is it a set price, take it or leave it.... And a dealer can sell it for the bank??? Is there anyway that this information can be verified...would a dealer share this information with a potential customer....he claimed the trailer was worth more than the balance owed...but "darned if I'm gonna sell it and have the bank get anymore than they are getting now!" How does this strike everyone?

Some banks will take offers, some will not..... Yes, dealers can sell or offer trailers for sale for bank and or credit unions if the bank and dealer have a good relationship.  I have offered trucks, trailers, cars, rv's and motorcycles for my credit union and bank. 

The banks and credit unions I deal with will give me a payoff amount and a ballpark price they would like to have, then I will advertize it  and do all of the showing and either sell it for the advertized price or take offers and submit the offers to the bank.  I submit any and all fair offers.  As far as being "worth more", I find that hard to beleave, if it is worth more then why is that dealer not asking more for the trailer?  Trailer dealers are having a tuff time now with larger LQ trailers and if there is a chance to make money on a trailer without having anything invested, don't you think they would try?

The repo I bought last year is a 6 year old trailer now and the dealer cost on it was over 70-k and we paid under 30-k for it!

What kind of trailer is it?

Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2010-02-11 10:20 PM (#116457 - in reply to #116454)
Subject: RE: Repo Trailers

Veteran

Hogtownboss - I sent you a PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'