'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
gooseneck area organizing?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-12-06 7:24 PM
2 replies, 3803 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

katied
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-12-06 3:19 PM (#114011)
Subject: gooseneck area organizing?

New User

I just got a 4 star, gneck, that's 17 feet on the floor. This leaves me a great open area in front of the stalls to groom my horse and/or make a huge box stall for her. However, it has no tack room, other that what's in front of the gate that blocks off the gooseneck area. The previous owner put in a giant sliding shelf that I can store big plastic storage containers. But not sure where to put my saddle and bridle, broom, rake etc anyone have suggestions? what's the best way to oranize that area? i'd love to see pictures of other organized goosenecks. since this has no separate tack room, i'm concerned that my saddle (or anything else) will come free and tumble into my horse. thanks!

Edited by katied 2009-12-06 3:22 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-12-06 3:46 PM (#114012 - in reply to #114011)
Subject: RE: gooseneck area organizing?

Expert

Is the sliding shelf in front of/behind the gooseneck gate? If so put your saddle and bridle in a quilted saddle/bridle bag and let them ride in the gooseneck area.

Check out this site... Lots of ideas here...  http://www.easternmarine.com/em_store/horse_trailer_parts/

TPenning
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-12-06 7:24 PM (#114022 - in reply to #114011)
Subject: RE: gooseneck area organizing?

Veteran

If you have room, I used to use a wooden saddle rack from my tack room in my trailer.  The saddle stayed put, the stand stayed upright, and then I had a stand for in my stall at shows. 

The neighbor has metal built in saddle racks and her saddles always slide off.  To fix this, they permanently attached a bungie cord to the front of the rack, making a loop, and now they hook the loop over the saddle horn and nothing ever moves.

I would definitely recommend a saddle bag of some type to keep your gear clean.  If not putting it on a rack, a hockey bag or large duffel works great, and should hold a saddle, pad and bridle etc with no problem.  I used to haul mine in the back of the truck like that.

Brooms, rakes and forks can be held upright against the wall, also with a bungie cord permanently installed.  A bale bag or two would let you also carry your hay in the gooseneck without getting everything messy.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)