'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Good places to trail ride and camp in TEXAS??

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-27 11:32 AM
28 replies, 9953 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-08-11 9:45 PM (#89533 - in reply to #68390)
Subject: RE: Good places to trail ride and camp in TEXAS??

Veteran

Here's a link to more information:

http://www.traveltotourism.com/travel/lake.php?Lake_ID=TX06lk014&At...

I just drove through there once to look around but it was really cold that day so I can't tell you much about it. I've never ridden there. I hear it's pretty sandy. Let me know when you go and I might meet up with you there. I don't live too far from that area.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-08-12 10:44 AM (#89555 - in reply to #68390)

Veteran

That looks great.  It's about 3 hours north of us but an easy drive for the most part.  I'll let you know when we decide to go.  The way we show around here, it's a bit hard to get people to take the time to unwind and do this, but that' exactly what both my mares need right now.

K

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-08-12 10:41 PM (#89612 - in reply to #89555)

Veteran

Originally written by KeepsakeFarm on 2008-08-12 10:44 AM

That looks great.  It's about 3 hours north of us but an easy drive for the most part.  I'll let you know when we decide to go.  The way we show around here, it's a bit hard to get people to take the time to unwind and do this, but that' exactly what both my mares need right now.

K

Yes, I have the same problem, finding people to trail ride with. Let me know and I'll try to come ride with you. I've been wanting to check it out.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-08-27 11:32 AM (#90525 - in reply to #68612)

Elite Veteran

We've been to Bandera several times.. The Hill Country State Natural Area is Marevelous! It is so far my very favorite place to go.. I haven't yet been to caprock.. It's a far drive and I'm the only one in my family who likes to do this.. My horsey friends can't leave to go any farther than Bandera...There are a few trails there that are somewhat challenging to all but the die hard mountain riders.. It's VERY fun! there are places to park your rig.. no curfew on generators there.. there are some pipe corrals there.. first come first served.. There is a barn there with rentable cabins, but we've never used them.. We just pitch a tent (no rig) and either tie the horses to the trailer or put up a portable corrall.. Usually each year in October (now being moved to date unknown each spring) there is a Ranch Heritage weekend where hundreds of people come with their rigs and there is a training clinic, a rodeo, a dance, and organized trail rides (if you wish..) You're also welcome to strike off on your own.. When you register to use the facilities, you'll be given a map of the area.. The trails are well marked.. Only problem is that many of the trails are dry and it is too hot to ride there after April..

If you need more information.. Google HCSNAP

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)