'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
"Rig Walk-Around"

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-14 2:57 PM
28 replies, 8008 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

pasobeth
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-07-14 8:59 AM (#108000 - in reply to #107768)
Subject: RE: "Rig Walk-Around"

Regular

retento - I agree that he should have checked at that time.  I WILL tell you that prior to this I had not always done a walk around after fueling, but after hearing this story I always do now.  I travel alone a lot and it's just not possible to have someone stay with my rig at all times.  Also, I would not lock my animals in either, so a walk-around check is the best I can do.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-07-14 9:42 AM (#108001 - in reply to #108000)

Expert

Originally written by pasobeth on 2009-07-14 9:59 AM

retento - I agree that he should have checked at that time.  I WILL tell you that prior to this I had not always done a walk around after fueling, but after hearing this story I always do now.  I travel alone a lot and it's just not possible to have someone stay with my rig at all times.  Also, I would not lock my animals in either, so a walk-around check is the best I can do.

...CONCUR....

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-07-14 12:18 PM (#108009 - in reply to #107990)

Expert

Originally written by farmbabe on 2009-07-14 6:44 AM

here is the point- nobody has clear knowlege of the other accident( or this one for that matter). If you aren't sure about what happened then quit making conclusions. Have you ever dragged a horse behind a trailer? If not, then stop making assumptions you'd feel a horse dragging.

I thought we had an agreement,farmbabe.I wasn't talking to you.

Have you ever hauled a horse and had one fall or shift against the side wall of a trailer???? Point made.Stop telling me what to stop doing.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-07-14 2:57 PM (#108015 - in reply to #107768)

Expert

Now that you are talking to me ( and trust me I wasn't really addressing anything to you) the fact is there are way too many holier than thous here that pass judgement rather casually when something happens. Of course YOU'D do it better,safer,easier,....of course nothing ever happens to you. I wasn't there...you weren't there..we don't know what they heck happened. I have NO IDEA if I'd notice if a horse was draggin since its never happened to me and I bet its never happened to you either. People can sit back in the comfort of their homes and tisk tisk, call for jail time,demand some justice. Its so easy and makes one feel rather superior. Some people need this more than others I suppose.Was this tragic? Of course. Could a walk around prevented it? Who knows? The article never mentions the walk around. Its possible the lady did check the latch and it broke in route. It was, according to the paper, on a "bumpy road". I live on bumpy dirt roads and you can't feel the horse moving around. See I don't rush to judgement. Given that I have worked with livestock for 30 years, I know stuff happens that cannot be foreseen or prevented. You go ahead with your sanctimonious rants- or not...

Edited by farmbabe 2009-07-14 2:59 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)