'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-11 11:44 AM
27 replies, 8999 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-01-10 7:57 AM (#74149 - in reply to #74140)
Subject: RE: Exiss

Expert

Originally written by ncsuacd on 2008-01-10 12:41 AM

I am not "masquerading" my experience as a fact.  It is a fact. It is my personal experience.  I apologize if some of the seasoned posters do not feel that my personal experience was "intelligent criticism".

My particular issue was with my horse (not overweight, or overly large) falling through the ramp on a 6 month old trailer.  Bad welds on the ramp.  It was my issue, but a friend's trailer, to complicate the matter.  2002 Model.

Another person in the barn had a door fall off.  I cannot remember what year hers was, I will ask her when I see her again.

The OP asked why people didn't like them.  That is just my personal experience.  EVERY manufacturer of ANYTHING is going to have good products, and bad ones.

It wasn't so much that the incident HAPPENED, but it was how the company dealt with the owners concerns that bothered me.  THAT is why I won't buy one, but that is my personal choice, and right.  It took both ladies several months going round and round with the company to get things right.

2 ladies at the barn I am at now both have newer model trailers by Exiss, a 2005 and a 2007, and they are both great. But I still won't buy one based on the run-around my other two friends got from the company.

I don't feel that my post was at all rude.  The OP asked for "why people don't like them".  I answered with my personal experience. 

ncsuacd:  Thank you for responding.  

To clarify ... I said ..."opinions masquerading as fact..."  I didn't denigrate your experience or your post.  Actually,  I do want to hear about specific experience.  That's how we learn to do better.  From your post, the welds broke on the ramp.  Did your horse's foot go through the ramp or did the ramp merely collapse with the horse on it.  Either way not a good thing, I agree.

Second, the Exiss response was poor in your opinion.  Were you getting your friend's trailer fixed or was the trailer owner talking to the dealer?

What was the issue of getting the ramp repaired/replaced ? 

Was is the issue timely repairs or not accepting warranty responsibility for the repair. I ask since the dealer is the face of Exiss.  or any other manufacturer of big ticket items.  On a 6 month old Exiss trailer,  I would think, the dealer is the primary contact.   And the primary agent for getting it resolved to the owner's satisfaction with the factory...  Choosing the dealer is as important as choosing the trailer brand.  Exiss surely would like to know if their dealer is failing to properly represent them.

edited to address ncsuacd's experiance

Edited by hosspuller 2008-01-10 9:49 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-01-10 9:18 AM (#74152 - in reply to #73730)

Elite Veteran

Amen Hosspuller! So often on here, I hear about the company taking care of something. If you buy from a quality dealer, it gets handled. And the dealer gets to quarrel with the manufacturer if needed. I'm sorry, I don't care about nationwide delivery. I want a dealer close by that I can go see, who wants me happy. And I am sometimes willing to pay a touch more for that opportunity. He values my business, I value his service. My dealer tells me that most factories don't pay him enough for warranty work so I really don't feel particularly confortable asking him to warranty my trailer that he didn't sell me. Just my .02$
exiss sooner of sfl
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-01-11 11:44 AM (#74243 - in reply to #74152)

New User

Horsey1
You are absolutely correct, there are to many dealers out there that will tell you anything to make a deal.They give no warranty or support service after the deal. We are a family buiness of 35 years and will not sell it if we can't service it. Wholesale dealers, and there are many of them out there, cannot afford to have a service staff and in turn there low prices force the full service dealer to struggle or even go out of business for lack of sales. It then becomes an issue of getting service and the factory gets drawn in and its a whole mess.
The moral is pay a little more from your local dealer and keep him in business to save yourself time and aggravation in the long run.
Thank you

Andrew Parsons
Exiss Sooner of South Florida
Del-Raton Trailer Sales
2998 S. Federal Highway
Delray Beach, FL 33483
ph 561-278-3420
fax 561-330-3680
direct line: 561-860-4669
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]