'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pete Ramey's natural horse trim

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-20 12:28 PM
27 replies, 8043 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

stablemom
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-10-28 4:07 PM (#93811 - in reply to #93435)
Subject: RE: Pete Ramey's natural horse trim

Veteran

Farmbabe

Sounds like you had a bad experience. It seems that there are alot of these so called natural trimmers that don't quite know what they are doing.

I had my mares shoes pulled Sat. and she was slightly trimmed and is doing well. She is getting around very well in the pasture, on the concrete in the barn etc....She even came running up with the others today to go into another pasture. It is quite chilly here today so they were all feeling froggy!!

She was in an elevated shoe in her worst foot and I wondered how she would adjust to being taken flat on that foot. The trimmer told me that she should be better or the same at first. If she were worse, then she(the trimmer) said that she had done something wrong. She just called to check and see how she was doing. She will come out again in about 4 weeks and re-evaluate to see how much new hoof she has grown and to see if anymore trimming needs to be done. I agree that we all have to decide what works best for our individual horse(s) and I am excited about giving this a try.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
stablemom
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-10-28 4:09 PM (#93812 - in reply to #93435)

Veteran

Dunoir,

Sent you a pm. Thanks for sharing about your friend's horse. So far so good, but it is very early to tell much yet.

stablemom
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-11-20 12:28 PM (#95140 - in reply to #93435)

Veteran

Just wanted to let those that might be interested in this subject, that there is a great article in the Dec. issue of "EQUUS" magazine. It is titled, "A "" Natural"" Approach to Navicular Syndrome".

I have the oppurtunity to have Pete Ramey, himself trim my mare this Tuesday, (so excited),  and am very pleased with how she is doing so far. This will be her second trim, the first being 4 weeks ago.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)