'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Reverse Load vs Straight Load

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-08 2:13 PM
26 replies, 9801 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-09-08 11:46 AM (#91137 - in reply to #90894)
Subject: RE: Reverse Load vs Straight Load

Veteran

Wow thats some story... can almost smell the pee from here... Must have been quite scary...

I must say I do not really like Barfly putting his head over the divider, but he is "joined at the hipp" with the horse (Courtley - my Daughters horse) that always travels next to him. It is something to remember if I ever take him with other strange horses...

Thanks for that.

I must say I agree that the horses like to see out. My old trailer was completely closed - they could not see out. My new Cherokee has drops and when we stop we always open them up so they can peer out - they love it - and so do the petrol attendants when we fill up with Diesel.

I will say - I will never tow without a camera in the horse area again...It is so comforting knowing what is going on back there...

Some time ago I was doing a trip for some clients... transporting their horses aout 1000km to their new home. We had only got aout 80km from home when one of the went beserk (in the old trailer) and managed to get its front legs over the front bars..It was a pony so it had the space to back up and jump. If I didnt have the camera I would not have known and would have carried on driving.... I stoped and got the pony back on its feet - then gave it a shot of Neurotrank - I think it flew the rest of the way... cos it was as mellow as can be for the rest of the trip.

Cheers for now

Nick

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-09-08 2:13 PM (#91144 - in reply to #90894)
Subject: RE: Reverse Load vs Straight Load

Expert

I have a friend who's young Arab went over the chest bar in her trailer too. She installed a 2x4 board in front of the stall to keep him from doing that. I can't remember her exact placement.

My old-timer, easy to haul QH jumped into the fixed manger on the 2H straight load. that was also an exciting day as the manger had a 3" high lip to it.  (found hornets nest a few weeks later behind a door handle... I suspect when I slammed the door - the hornets came out and stung him. )

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)