'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Best Brake Controller?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-01 5:04 PM
26 replies, 9195 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TPenning
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-04-28 10:00 PM (#82772 - in reply to #81966)
Subject: RE: Best Brake Controller?

Veteran

I don't imagine I can claim warranty on it without the receipt, and that's long gone. 

Anyway, the DH went through the whole programming sequence again and still no brakes.  Did I mention the light stays green until you push the brake pedal, and then it goes off?  You get a red light if you use the manual slide, though. 

Anyway, DH has gone off to work and won't be back for a good 3 weeks.  I told him I'm calling the garage and getting them to take a once over on this thing.  If they can't make it work, I'll buy new and start fresh. I'm at the end of my rope.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TPenning
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-05-01 5:04 PM (#82939 - in reply to #81966)
Subject: RE: Best Brake Controller?

Veteran

well, took the truck in today and verdict was ......... I needed a new controller.  So, most of my day wasted in town, and I'm somewhat poorer now, but I have a brand spankin' new controller that I'm told WILL WORK.  At least with the garage having installed it, I can go blame it on someone if it doesn't.  Needless to say, I will make darn sure I know where the receipt is for this one in case I go through the same mess again.  It's such a relief to have brakes!  Now I just need to hook on to the trailer to be 100% certain...cross your fingers.  Thanks muchly for everyone's advice. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)