'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-22 10:08 PM
22 replies, 10993 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

XXSHORTYXX
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-09-17 10:15 AM (#91644)
Subject: decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

New User

when you go to horse shows do you put party lights or rugs out side of you LQ trailer to make it feel like home ???

and how do you cut down on mud and dirt being tracked in to the trailer???

what is anything you do yo make your trailer feel like home???

also  how do you tie your dogs out with out them getting tangled on everything
???

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-09-17 1:27 PM (#91653 - in reply to #91644)
Subject: RE: decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

Expert

I don't put party lights or rugs outside my home.All aside lots of folks do that.Even in RV resorts.Do what you want.I don't.Use portable kennal panals like the folks do at dog shows.
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-09-17 7:20 PM (#91677 - in reply to #91644)

Veteran

Have you done a search or asked these questions on the trailer forum?  You'll get plenty of feedback! 

I have the lights, but I've never even put up my awning.  I'm just too darned busy at a show.  Now, if we ever go someplace more relaxed, we might get to sit around! 

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-09-17 8:34 PM (#91682 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

We have a big RV mat that we got from http://www.rvmats.com/ I think,with a horse head on it that we put out,and it really helps on the tracking in dirt.Otherwise,I'd have the broom and dust pan,and portable vac out all time.Because at night,I like to run around in the trailer with my shoes off,so,I don't want all that dirt going in the bed with me!!! ( just a country girl,here.)

I have some windchimes that I hang from the gooseneck of the trailer,they are small,don't make much noise,but,if we have the windows open,it's nice to listen to them.

I've got a wood sign that I hang from the back door of the trailer,(no,not the one you may think ) it says "SPeak your mind,just ride a fast horse."

I like to doctor mine up a lot when we're camping out.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-09-17 8:35 PM
Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-09-17 8:47 PM (#91686 - in reply to #91644)

Extreme Veteran

You can do anything in a trailer that you can do in a house.  Decorate to suite yourself, just don't over do it or you will risk the trailer becoming a lot smaller.

Marla

lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-09-17 9:28 PM (#91693 - in reply to #91644)

Extreme Veteran

I don't show but do camp.  I have a large piece of indoor/outdoor carpet (almost the entire length of the trailer) that I place outside the LQ door under the awning.  Also have a rug just inside the LQ door.  I don't put up lights because I am just too lazy to pack them, unpack them, string them, take them down, and then repack them.  However, having said that..I do like to see the lights that other campers put out.  I use the first stall for extra boots, shoes and other items.  I have a small wisk type broom brush with dust pan that really works well to clean up the dirt/crumbs that get on my floor.  Good luck and have fun with your new trailer!!
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-09-18 5:16 AM (#91697 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

Been to many a horse show and lots of folks set up their trailers or stalls.What ever is fine and makes you feel good.
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-09-18 9:07 AM (#91708 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

I use the awning alot, put a nearly trailer length of indoor/outdoor carpet down, also I use a full length awning tie-down.  This has stakes at each end to hold down the tiedown.  I use aluminum solar lights that push into the ground at each stake at each end, for decoration with the added plus of not stumbling over the little stake that hold the 2 ends of the tie down.  Looks nice and serves a purpose.
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-09-18 10:34 AM (#91716 - in reply to #91708)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by flyinghfarm on 2008-09-18 9:07 AM

I use the awning alot, put a nearly trailer length of indoor/outdoor carpet down, also I use a full length awning tie-down.  This has stakes at each end to hold down the tiedown.  I use aluminum solar lights that push into the ground at each stake at each end, for decoration with the added plus of not stumbling over the little stake that hold the 2 ends of the tie down.  Looks nice and serves a purpose.

Great tip on the solar lights by the tie down stakes.  I'm headed to Walmart today to get some!

Thanks,

JacciB

Z71
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-09-18 1:29 PM (#91729 - in reply to #91644)

Veteran

The solar lights also work great when you put them out at the edges of your portable corral, makes a soft glow to be able to see the horses.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-09-18 3:31 PM (#91734 - in reply to #91729)

Elite Veteran

The solar lights are a great idea!! I'm going to get some before we go out next time..

Leslie

longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2008-09-18 4:37 PM (#91741 - in reply to #91644)

Extreme Veteran

I have thought about getting some of them, but never think of it when I am in town! Need to make me a note right now. How long does it take them to charge?
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-09-18 4:44 PM (#91742 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

Well, I just put em out when we get there, and they have always worked, guess they use up their reserves the first evening, and get restored the next day. 

If a dog goes, they are with me leashed if I am afoot, and I have a chain, the horse area of the trailer and an airline crate all available depending on the circumstances.  Of course, the dog is with me in the LQ if I am in there, and I carry pooper bags to clean up "after" in the area.... I also carry a no bark collar to leave on ( just in case!) if I am gone on a ride or out to dinner.  She is a quiet dog generally, but I know I hate to hear "yap yap yap yap" next door if I am trying to enjoy an evening, and this ensures that no one hates her should I be out of pocket....no one thinks their dog yaps, y'know...

tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-09-19 4:25 PM (#91787 - in reply to #91644)

Extreme Veteran

I have lights; but rarely put them up. Its requires at least a 4 night stay because it does take some time to drag them out; hang them and then it's one more thing to pack up before heading home. I do use a large outdoor carpet almost the length of my awning. We set up a couple of chairs with a small table in between. The table holds my battery lantern (for walking out to the barn after dark), my citronella candle. I have a nice horsey table cloth with the metal holding clips. These few things are easily packed and stored in the mangers. I also try and set necessary shoes right outside the door on the rug. Flipflops for the bathhouse; riding boot and muck boots for the barn if it starts raining. And usually if I don't pack the muck boots it will always rain!!! Oh well, seems to be part of horse camping. At least I sleep well hearing the rain hit the aluminum on my trailer.
Tuffyspop
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-09-19 6:44 PM (#91791 - in reply to #91644)

Regular

We have a string of japanese lantern style lights we will string up, or at halloween, some lighted pumpkins on the edge of the awning.

We don't attach anything to the interior walls for decoration...nothing permanent to make sure we keep the "original" look inside.

We have a 12v vacuum and a small whisk broom and dustpan to keep the stuff out of the LQ.  Also, we have a 10 X 12 indoor/outdoor carpet out front to keep debris out as best we can.

It's camping.  We get dirty and grungy, but it's all part of the experience.  Otherwise, we'd stay home!

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-09-24 7:44 AM (#92026 - in reply to #91644)

Veteran

We trailride and camp alot so trailers decked out with few pics from parks/camps been at.Used 3M to hang pics and extras.We lay out running horse matt.Just camped out last weekend at local members ride/in fields and took halloween pumpkin and put light in it.We bought sunscreen shade and when sun/heats beating down we hang/slide into track on awaning and is instand shade while still letting breeze blow threw.
dweber2000
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-10 8:06 PM (#92889 - in reply to #92026)

Where do you get sunscreen shades that slide in awning track and solar lights? I have never seen either one and they sound great.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-10-20 9:42 AM (#93268 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

I'd like to take the opportunity to mention something about dogs here since it was part of the thread.

I don't think it is right,and,don't appreciate it when people insist on bringing dogs to a show or camp that they know have aggressive tendencies.Nor do I appreciate those that bark constantly when their owners are away from the trailer next to mine.

We were camped for 5 days on a twice yearly ride that we go on and pay quiet a bit to do so.The gals next to us brought their 3 dogs,and one was an aggressive mixed large breed dog.It was obvious that she WOULD bite if the opportunity presented itself.I and a  lady next to us both walked past the camp on the road and the dog ran out at us to the end of its lead rope and lunged and barked at us,on separate occasions.The other person asked them to please put the dog in their camper when they were not present.Most of the time,it stayed out,tho.There were 2 other little harmless dogs there that barked constantly when the women were away.Forget napping or having a conversation outside in peace.

I do not own dogs,but am not a dog "hater." If I owned such a dog,I would not take it to a large camp/ride and have it anywhere around horses.The trailer people on the other side barely had enough room to get past the dog and said that she no longer lunged at them after several years of camping next door,but,she still growled at them.

I dont' think dogs of this nature belong at a show or riding event around  horses or other people.One of their dogs got loose while they were gone,thank goodness it wasn't the aggressive one.

There,I've said it.Dog lovers unite and speak  out,but,it won't change my feeling on it. 

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-10-20 11:00 AM (#93271 - in reply to #91644)

Elite Veteran

I guess it all depends on how long I'm staying as to how much I "gussy up" my trailer.  If I'm just going to spend 1 or 2 nights, and the majority of my time is spent in the saddle, I won't do anything.  We're leaving tomorrow and staying until next Monday, so I'll have all the "stuff" out.  This is a Halloween ride, so of course I'll have my bat and pumpkin lights hanging on the awning.  I use those black binder clips that you get at the office supply store to hang the lights.  They fit good and tight.  Of course our rug always goes out, and it's a habit to remove our shoes before going inside, or wiping the mud off on the mat outside the door.  I'll also have my sign hanging on the trailer that can either say "The Witch is In/Out".  I am the Witch.  I'll have bats and ghosts hanging from the front of the trailer and in the trees.
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-10-22 8:05 AM (#93401 - in reply to #91644)

Veteran

dweber20000- we ordered ours from rv/camping store in IL but try any camping/rv dealers also try Ebay.Happy Trails

flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-10-22 1:17 PM (#93421 - in reply to #91644)

Expert

I agree with CRG on the dog thing.  Quiet, contained dogs with good folks who pick up after em.  Walmart sells a no bark collar that can sure keep your campsite and neighbors happy.   I have traveled with a serious and large German Shepherd who liked people, but when I was away from camp he was in the trailer, for my own liablity  safety, and his safety.  He lived a long happy life and is now gone.  I love my pets and am sure other people love theirs, but hello people, how about some good manners?  Poop pick up, no loose dogs, and quiet dogs.  If you have an aggressive dog, consider how to manage him.........there are a lot of smiling lawyers who would be happy to point out any lapses in dog management, and neither the dog or his owner wants that....

Fall is here, let's enjoy the riding!

IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-10-22 4:20 PM (#93423 - in reply to #93268)

Elite Veteran

I'd rather listen to dogs barking...than freakin' screaming ...out of control kids, running through camp.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-10-22 10:08 PM (#93441 - in reply to #93423)

Expert

I'd rather not listen to either one next door to me.THere are no young kids on this ride,but, 3 barking dogs next  to us  with one lunging at the end of it's rope at you out of nowhere was too much for me.We've changed campsites next year.Kids couldn't handle some of that riding that we did up at Big Creek.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)