'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Ford F450 Test - Sounds great

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-12 12:29 PM
1 replies, 2505 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-04-12 6:26 AM (#59101)
Subject: Ford F450 Test - Sounds great

Veteran

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=120275

Here is a link to the test of the new F450 Super Duty... anyone considering getting a new hauler ought to read this - Sounds like Ford did a great job.

Steve

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-12 12:29 PM (#59125 - in reply to #59101)
Subject: RE: Ford F450 Test - Sounds great

Elite Veteran

I towed a 20,000# 5th wheel with the F450 in Texas in a January ice storm. Pulled well. Last month they had a recall on all of them for a fire problem. But it's being solved as computer programming change. All of the new Diesels that comply with the January EPA law using Ultra Low Sulfur diesel, have a Diesel Particulate Filter which burns up the NOX by turning on the fuel injectors during the exhaust stroke. The DPF runs around 1100 degress F when regenenerating. So the exhaust gets hot for around 30 minutes when the DPF is full. Ford is changing the program that controls that as part of the recall. All three of the truck diesel brands have DPF with some funky looking weed burner tailpipes. So like when catylitic converters came out in the seventies, you'll have to watch for wheat field fires and grass fires. In the May issue of Trail Blazer Magazine, my article is on the new diesels. When that comes out, I can publish the story here.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)