'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Electric to hydraulic brakes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-07 2:06 PM
1 replies, 2472 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

equiteacher
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 1:29 PM (#56823)
Subject: Electric to hydraulic brakes

Regular

Have just been introduced to this kind of braking system. Have looked at two used gooseneck trailers and both were equipped with this system. Both were trailers with only one axle with tandem wheels located on the very rear of the trailer. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this system? Why isn't it used more on "regular" tandem axle trailers? How do they compare with total electric brakes for stopping power/smoothness/heating up/etc.? Have now found them on several RV sites but there is not a lot of information about them.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-03-07 2:06 PM (#56826 - in reply to #56823)
Subject: RE: Electric to hydraulic brakes

Extreme Veteran

So you're talking about a single axle trailer with dual wheels right? (not that it matters but that is kind of unusual) I have the electric/hydraulic discs on my big trailer, it works very well, when the electric part dies I'll probably upgrade to air/hydraulic because it's cheaper and less likely to break again... hopefully that's a long ways off. I can't really comment on smoothness of braking, that's going to have more to do with the brake controller you have than anything else (mine does too much stopping with the trailer). Stopping power is great with disc brakes, there really is no comparison with regular electric brakes. Drum brakes I've been told is a little less stopping power and has more heat issues than discs (drums expand as they get hot and the brake shoes don't press as hard on them.... brake fade).

http://www.bludotinc.com/ Has a little on the setups.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)