'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kiefer Built Trailers- Eagle XLA: What do you think?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-18 6:44 PM
1 replies, 3178 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lindsey
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-07-18 6:05 PM (#44989)
Subject: Kiefer Built Trailers- Eagle XLA: What do you think?

I have been searching for a new trailer for quiet awhile. Right now we have a 16ft stock trailer but my mare is not a quiet traveler and will spin and sawy the trailer. She always arrives in a sweat. I wanted somthing more like a horse trailer and I wanted a straight load but to get one with a dressing room and big enough that my mare will load in it we are looking at $17,000! The slants are so much cheaper around here and we might just have to settle for one. We found a great deal on the Kiefer Eagle XLA 2 horse slant load. It's really dirty but is in great shape. I am a little worried about it because I have heard about the back doors coming open while on the road. Have they fixed that problem? What do you think of this trailer? It seems nice and very affordable!

Thanks,

Lindsey

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2006-07-18 6:44 PM (#44993 - in reply to #44989)
Subject: RE: Kiefer Built Trailers- Eagle XLA: What do you think?

Expert

I have never heard of a properly secured door that was not damaged comming open on its own.  If your worried about it take a good look at the door and open/close it a few times.  There should be tension on the handle that holds it in place.  If not a saftey pin (a pin with a cotter pin like on a reciever hitch) should be there or maybe have one added. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)