'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss 2 Horse Trailer and Auto Manufacturers Guidelines

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-09 7:16 PM
1 replies, 3153 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

nolefan
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-07-09 6:50 PM (#44299)
Subject: Exiss 2 Horse Trailer and Auto Manufacturers Guidelines

Regular

Exiss advertises a 2 horse, slant load all alum trailer WITH a dressing room (their S20 model) with a 3,100 trailer weight and an empty tongue weight of 280 (9%).

Trailer is 7 ft tall, 7 feet wide and 15 ft long.

Is this stat regarding the empty tongue weight accurate for this model trailer (with a dressing room)?  Can anyone venture a guess as to what the loaded tongue weight would be with 2 horses?  

I don't much about tongue weight but it appears that TW is an extremely limiting factor on the max that you can tow.  Even an F150 cannot tow more than 500 lbs with a convential hitch according to manufacturing guidelines.

I don't understand how everyone is towing 2horse BP with SUV's and 150's trucks with a convential hitch and not exceeding their max capacity (without adding weight distribution).

Can anyone please explain?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-07-09 7:16 PM (#44304 - in reply to #44299)
Subject: RE: Exiss 2 Horse Trailer and Auto Manufacturers Guidelines

Expert

I would say most of the trailers you see going down the road ARE overloaded according to the vehicle builder.  I know that GM requires the use of a WD hitch when the trailer weighs over 5,000 pounds.  Your trailer example would need a WDH if you had two 1,000 pound horses.   Yet, I see lots of people without the WD hitch too.

Can't protect everybody from their own ignorance.  I just keep my distance when I see such a rig on the road.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)