'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
93 Sundowner Sunlite

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-12 11:41 PM
1 replies, 2466 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-01-12 11:57 AM (#53767)
Subject: 93 Sundowner Sunlite

My husband and I are looking at a 93 Sundowner Sunlite. Has anyone had experience with these older Sundowners? How well do they hold up and what do you think a fair price for a 3H with 6 ft LQ would be? Thanks in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ardly
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-01-12 11:41 PM (#53800 - in reply to #53767)
Subject: RE: 93 Sundowner Sunlite

Veteran

We own a 94 Sunlite with 81/2 foot shortwall (dressing room).As far as how well they hold up goes, ours was ten years old when purchased and going by the conversation with the previous owner it seemed that it had been used on a regular basis and for some fairly lenthly trips, hauling some" NOT the best in the world haulers " and it was and still is in excellent condition. Since we've owned this trailer I haven't found any structural damage or weakness with it. The only thing that I have found worth noting here is that the horse wall liner that Sundowner used in those days did not hold up well to pawing or kicking.It is a spongy type of rubber with a fabric mesh layer on top. I will eventualy remove this and go with something more durable. Also , with this or any other trailer of that age ,you should expect to have issues with the bearings,brakes,seals,and believe it or not tires unless the present owners have reciepts from this work being recently done.I mention tires because it's surprising how many people will advertise a 5-6-7 year old trailer as having like new tires because they have only pulled the trailer a few times a year and the tread still looks new. Some of them really believe that there tires are fine and some I must think just want you to believe that.Either way it is another consideration in the final $ amount that will run you at least $100 per tire and likely more.As far as the worth of the 93 model that you mention, many things contribute to that answer but as a general guess i'd say from a bottom price of $16,000 to a top price of 19,500. Condition,type of lq.,and list of ammeneties and or options would dictate in what direction the price should fall. Keep in mind that with a 14 year old trailer that you're also getting 14 year old appliances that are exspensive to replace and may have reached there usefull lifetime. Hope this helps,   Ardly

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software