'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Clunking brakes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-27 8:05 AM
1 replies, 2228 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LassieLu
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-05-26 11:59 PM (#42312)
Subject: Clunking brakes

I just purchased a used '92 2h Charmac bumper pull (1 axle).  The dealership installed a brake controller, and things seemed fine on the 40 mile ride home.  When I hooked up the trailer several days later, every time I applied the truck brakes, there was clunking back at the trailer.  This happened going forward and in reverse.  I tried adjusting the brake controller a little, but that didn't seem to make a difference.  The dealership did maintenance work on the trailer for the 2 1/2 yrs the last owner had it.  I am waiting for copies of the records.

Any ideas?

PS - Also, this was a brand new, never used truck tow package. The plug in for the electric was fine the previous night when we used an adapter....but right before I left with the trailer the next day, the tech told me that where my electric on the trailer plugs in  (next to the receiver)was cracked and they wouldn't have the parts to replace it for a week....(I was nervous - 1st trailer purchase....wasn't sure and needed to check with hubby about it being cracked the night before).  Not sure if they also scraped the paint on the bumper - didn't notice that until the next day.  UGH!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
S Farmer
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-27 8:05 AM (#42317 - in reply to #42312)
Subject: RE: Clunking brakes

Im not to sure about the clunk on your trailer but if your bumper got scratched right by the trailer plug sounds like maybe someone backed up to hook up to trailer and wasn,t lined up and the hitch on the trailer hit the bumper and the plug and could have cracked it . check for paint color exchange on bumper and hitch of trailer
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)