'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
suggestions for drop down window problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-01 12:47 PM
1 replies, 2690 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-04-30 6:15 PM (#41114)
Subject: suggestions for drop down window problem

Extreme Veteran

I just bought a used Charmac 2 horse gooseneck slant load with drop down windows.  The windows have grills and sliders that open part way (bus).   The problem is the grills are attached to the drop down window, so when you open the window, it's a big open space, which I don't really like... my horse will one day take that for the exit, and I see a train wreck coming.  I have a few choices:  have a few bars welded to create a permanent grill (a guy at my barn is a welder), use small link chain covered with rubber to create something like a stallguard, use the big window screens to cover the window opening (doesn't seem safe enough without the bars or chains).  What would you all suggest based on your experience?  The window opening is really big;  I am 5'7, 150 lbs and I an easily get in and out of the opening.  Any other ideas are welcome :)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-05-01 12:47 PM (#41152 - in reply to #41114)
Subject: RE: suggestions for drop down window problem

Extreme Veteran

A friend of mine has an Exiss that is similar to your trailer.  It has drop down windows, but no bars.  She got some screens that attach to the inside of the trailer.  The screens are very heavy duty.  Her horses have not wrecked them.  The screens attach onto metal loops that were already on her trailer.  If you got the screens, you could measure where the loops needed to go, and you welder friend could install them.  I believe she got the screens from Exiss.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)