'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
bubble insulation installation question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-06-13 10:16 AM
1 replies, 2877 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jo1991
Reg. Jun 2013
Posted 2013-06-12 5:33 PM (#152669)
Subject: bubble insulation installation question

New User

hi everyone, just joined in the forum as we have purchased first 3h gooseneck with 4ft sw and 8ft lw. this is a 1993 steel model....my husband has left this project of a trailer to me! past few days have been spent grinding the roof seams and removing old caulking from vents. today i did my first caulking job and am horrible at it. we r expecting strong storms tonight so we shall see just how bad of a job i have done. lol once i get the inside to stay dry i am putting in insulation. we r in s.e. Illinois and will not be spending lots of time in this trailer, just occasional weekend stays. i believe i am wanting to use bubble wrap insulation, rather than the blue board ins. i would like double sided, but might have to go single with availability of product. question is, can i just tape it into the spaces like the rigid ins, even though it will not fill the entire depthness void in each section i am doing. biggest purpose of insulation in this project is to protect from condensation and reflect incoming heat. thanks all and i am certain i will be asking pesking questions as i continue this project...
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bhill
Reg. May 2013
Posted 2013-06-13 10:16 AM (#152701 - in reply to #152669)
Subject: RE: bubble insulation installation question

Veteran

It seems to me that you could tape the insulation to the trailer. Make sure you use very very good tape. I have found aluminum foil tape ( not duct tape) works very well with bubble foil insulation. You could double up or double layer the insulation to fill the void ( this will double the R value )Good luck
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)