'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need to Rent Trailer in Montana

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-17 5:39 PM
1 replies, 3751 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tntraveller
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2011-04-17 2:22 PM (#133095)
Subject: Need to Rent Trailer in Montana

New User

I want to travel from Tennessee to East Glacier Park, Montana with my Living Quarters Trailer and ride in Glacier National Park.  I would like to rent a trailer (2 or 3-H bumper pull or stock trailer) when I arrive from someone close by.  I haven't found a dealer on the internet who is in this vicinity that would rent a trailer.  Can someone clue me in to a source?  Thanks very much.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bbsmfg3
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2011-04-17 5:39 PM (#133103 - in reply to #133095)
Subject: RE: Need to Rent Trailer in Montana

Extreme Veteran

We did the trailer rental several years when we went to Montana to ride. It was a hassle every time, and they got almost impossible to find.

I think you'll do best to find a rancher, farmer, any individual, to rent from. The dealers have become very expensive and the deposit they want is almost the price of the trailer.

We've started taking a second trailer for trailering to the trail heads. Much cheaper, at least it was, before fuel went sky high. I'd have to do some checking now. We went in 2010 and took our farm trailer.

Also try some of the outfitters and/or dude ranches in the area.

I often thought about making the trip to Glacier, but every time I check it out, I find there just aren't many trails to ride up that way. I've checked into riding on the Canadian side, just north of Glacier National. Found several location with quite a few trails. The problem with the Canadian side is the border inspections and passports, and you definitely do not want to take a rental trailer into Canada, NOW that is a real hassle. I made a trip to Canada a few months ago. Took my own truck and trailer, but met a fellow that had a rental trailer. He said it took him 2 days to get thru customs into Canada, then a full day to come back thru into the States. If you do go to Canada be sure to not carry any more than $5000.00 in US cash. Credit cards work the best for fuel purchases. Some location charge you 7 to 8% to convert US to Canadian on the Canadian side. Flying J is especially bad. And on your way back be sure to convert any Canadian to US close to the border on the US side.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)