'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Removing window unit a/c

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-21 12:02 PM
1 replies, 2287 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Sheryl
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-07-21 11:46 AM (#122634)
Subject: Removing window unit a/c

Veteran

I have seen a trailer I'm interested in for a day-riding trailer.  It has a window unit installed under the gooseneck.  This is something I would want to remove.  What is involved in "plugging the hole" this would create.  About how much should I expect to pay to fix it?

Thank you.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-07-21 12:02 PM (#122636 - in reply to #122634)
Subject: RE: Removing window unit a/c

Extreme Veteran

You might contact a heating and air sheet metal shop and asked what they would charge you for a piece sheet metal cut to cover the hole. The easiest way I can picture fixing this would be to have a piece cut larger enough to over lap the hole, lay down a bead of silicone on the edge and rivet it in place. If you go this way be sure and ask for the edges to be folded over about 3/8", this will strengthen the panel and protect you from the sharp edge. Also ask for it to be cross bent slightly, ie corner to corner. This will keep the panel from popping going down the road.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)