'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
estimating values

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-17 9:15 AM
1 replies, 2274 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Safet
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2010-03-17 12:07 AM (#117709)
Subject: estimating values

Veteran

When determining the value of a trailer, how would you add or detract values?  For example, if a horse trailer has a stud divider, does that add value?  If so, how much?  Same question for a swing out saddle rack vs. fixed, ramp or no ramp...etc.

Do you subtract value for tires after a certain age, even if the trailer is new?  Looking at the tire threads got me a bit concerned since we're looking at this 2007 trailer and I did not think to look for the age coding!

If an advertisement states a trailer has certain amenities and you then find it does not, do you consider this to be a negotiating point?

When you look to buy a trailer, how do you determine value in your mind?  I've looked at many, many ads on HTW, but I've found that if you see one thing on HTW, it may be described differently if you actually go to the trailer web site.  This makes it hard to get a good idea of what monetary value to place on things.

Thank you for any input.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-03-17 9:15 AM (#117720 - in reply to #117709)
Subject: RE: estimating values

All depends on the value to you. If it has a ramp and I don't necessarily want a ramp, it has no value to me. If I absolutely have to have a ramp, it has value. If I need a ramp and the trailer doesn't have one, I know it will cost me $1000 or better to get one installed.

As far as tires, check the date code, but the biggest things are if the tread is good and are they weather checked. Do they all match as far as brand and size? Does the spare match? And once again...check the date code.

If I go to look at something that is advertised as having a thingamajig on it and I get there and it doesn't, It is the most important thing on the trailer. Whether I wanted it or not. Best negotiating point you could have.

What is the trailer worth to me? That is how I determine value. Do I need it? How bad do I need it? What are comparable trailers selling for? Very seldom will I place a monetary value on anything until I have gathered all the info. Otherwise, the monetary value is what they are asking. But, the price they are asking, is an asking price. Everything is negotiable.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)