'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Chickasaw State Park Tennessee

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-07 9:26 PM
1 replies, 3027 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

KyQHRider
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2009-03-27 7:07 AM (#102211)
Subject: Chickasaw State Park Tennessee

Has anyone been to Chickasaw State Park in Tennessee? Can you give some details regarding the trails, are they marked and mapped, and the facilities? Always looking for new places to ride and this would be an almost 7 hour drive for us, so would the drive be worth the ride. I love to be out on the trail 7-9 hours and its nice that its a good loop ride. Camping is not as important to me as the riding as I travel in a LQ. I like my horses to be comfortable though, its nice to have stalls but a nice dry picket line area is good too. Any info would be great.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-04-07 9:26 PM (#102934 - in reply to #102211)
Subject: RE: Chickasaw State Park Tennessee

Extreme Veteran

I would certainly not recommend the drive to Chickasaw.  The trails are shared with ATVs.  The campground is nice.  The sites are asphault with water at each site.  I would not recommend using the barn as well.  The last time I used the stalls we treated our horses for several days to clear up a fungus they had.  The majority of the trails have large gravel on them.  Thus, you end up using the side trails that are not marked to avoid hurting the horses hooves.  I have ridden down there on several occasions just to day ride.  However I live relatively close.  If you would like, you can pm me and give me an idea of what area you are coming to and I will happy to recommend other campgrounds.  I have ridden at a majority of the ones here in this area.  I would recommend Natchez Trace State Park.  It is located right off of interstate 40 and has several nice trails.  It is located near Parkers Crossroads if you decide to search a town.  Hope this helps!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)