'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for walk through door / cowboy shower

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-21 10:30 AM
16 replies, 12107 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-03-31 12:34 PM (#80807)
Subject: Looking for walk through door / cowboy shower

I have looked for a long time online for an interior door that I can use for the walk through door of my horse trailer. I have not had any luck. I noticed someone mentioned in another post that they purchased an RV door. If someone could please let me know where I can find this I would appreciate it.

I need a door that does not have a window in it that will hold up to the horse area.

Also, looking for the cowboy shower that mounts in the horse trailer. kind of looks like the water supply for your home to go to your washer.

Thanks

Ingram Acres

Alpine, AL

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-03-31 3:09 PM (#80815 - in reply to #80807)
Subject: RE: Looking for walk through door / cowboy shower

Elite Veteran

Your local "Camping World" sells the cowboy shower box with the knobs and shower hose kit.
barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-31 3:51 PM (#80822 - in reply to #80807)

Veteran

I did my own DIY walk through door last month with great sucess ~ here is the info. $395 ~ Universal Trailers (Exiss & Sooner) ~ Ask for David in parts at toll free 877-533-9477.  He's very helpful and informative. I am more than pleased with the outcome! Good Luck!

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-03 6:59 AM (#81022 - in reply to #80807)

We have found our cowboy shower on Ebay. We got it for 27.00! Others are alot more on there. Not really sure why.....

We are still looking for a walk through door. So if anybody has any suggestions I would appreicate it.

Also, we are needing suggestions for the water tank and water heater for the cowboy shower. We currently do not have a hay rack on top of our horse trailer.

wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2008-04-03 11:43 AM (#81043 - in reply to #80807)

Extreme Veteran

Any local RV shop can order something for you.
barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-04-04 8:43 AM (#81135 - in reply to #80807)

Veteran

I should have been more clear in my earlier post ~ the walk through door that I installed myself is an after market generic door designed for most any brand of trailer. I installed it into a Sundowner Sunlite. I looked for two years and could not find a better value (including many RV suppliers). Just be sure to double check the distance between the studs in your slat wall. Good luck!
ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-15 3:29 PM (#82009 - in reply to #80807)

I have found my walk through door.....

We are purchasing one from a mobile home supplier. It is a 30x72 inch door with frame - flush mount. It was only $140.00 yippie!!

This is what we were looking for originally and were unable to find it. I managed to run across it today by accident. I was so excited.

So now we have our cowboy shower which was $27 dollars and the door which was $140. So now the next step is getting the water tank, water heater and water pump.

Hopefully it will be ready by Memorial Day weekend. At least the door anyways.

barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-04-16 9:47 AM (#82068 - in reply to #80807)

Veteran

Great find on the door! Did you measure between your studs before hand? I'm under the impression (after my own searching) that 30" is not a standard width between studs in a alumn. slant horse trailer divider wall. To cut out the studs could compromise the integrity of the wall. Good luck on the rest of your hunt!
ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-16 2:29 PM (#82096 - in reply to #80807)

Actually we will be moving the studs since my husband has the ability to weld the studs after they are cut out. We will also be bracing the area with additional metal studs. We have taken all of that into consideration believe me.

It will be alot of work but it sure will be alot nicer to have a walk through door. :)

So now the next thing after we get that installed is to start building the stand for the shower that goes into the horse area for the cowboy shower. It is coming along real good. At least in our mind.

Stay tuned for our dilema

barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-04-16 3:35 PM (#82110 - in reply to #80807)

Veteran

Your sooo lucky! Your posibilities are endless if he can (and will) weld! Every time I look at something on the trailer, I think about the quote I got to weld some alumn. peices together at the rate of $92 per hour! My first thougth was that I should quite my job, go to votech class at the local community college and start my own "girls" shop. My husband didn't say much, just laughed, I think he was afraid I would do it!
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-04-16 4:00 PM (#82116 - in reply to #80807)

Elite Veteran

MY husband's idea of "do it yourself" means HE has to sign the check!
ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-17 7:47 AM (#82158 - in reply to #80807)

I do know what everyone means by getting hubby to do it. Usually what happens is I will start on it and act like I dont know what I am doing and by then he has to finish it.

What ever works right?

We went out to the trailer last night and looked at the beams. We will have to pull the v-board off the interior wall that we had already put up. But that is not a big problem. It was put on in four pieces so we will only have to take 2 out. That is a relief. No messing with the ones that are up against the cabinets.

I also stopped at Lowes last night and picked up some heavy duty screen. It was only 8.00 for 36" x 84". I am going to take that along with some heavy duty material that I had picked up from wal-mart to make my own window screens for the horse area. I also got that idea off of here.

I will try to take some pictures this weekend so I can show everyone what we have done. We are pretty proud of ourselves since this is the 1st time we have attempted the installing living quarters. The guy at the Sundowner place in Birmingham looked at it and said that we had a really nice package in there. When we told him that we were the ones that done it he was suprized. So that made up feel good.

Well I have kept yall long enough so I will close for now.

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-21 7:17 AM (#82341 - in reply to #80807)

Well we started on the door this weekend. As soon as I find out how to get pictures on here this afternoon I will post them.

As far as the stability of the wall and integrity....... The wall actually has a top beam that runs from side to side. We did not mess with that one. We cut out the one that goes from that beam to the floor. We have stabilized it with 2x's.

The camper door is going to work great!! It looks awesome. We are very pleased. Plus it was alot cheaper. We will be putting a camper door lock on it. Which will not be a problem since the door has an area surrounding the current hole that has wood in between the outer walls of the door.

I will get pictures on here as soon as I can.

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-21 9:17 AM (#82349 - in reply to #80807)

Will someone please tell me how to post pictures? I have uploaded my pictures onto this websites photo album. Under Kimberly Living quarters. Just dont know how to post them on here.

ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-21 9:19 AM (#82350 - in reply to #80807)

Wanted to add this address. Maybe it will link to it.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=136

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2008-04-21 10:27 AM (#82355 - in reply to #80807)

Elite Veteran

What kind of latch (doorknob) are you going use? If it's a regular knob,it will be a problem in the stall side.
ingramacres
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-04-21 10:30 AM (#82357 - in reply to #80807)

We will be using a camper door lock like what is on the door going into the dressing room. It is recessed into the door on the horse side.

This will require us to cut the hole larger to put it in there. There is enough wood surrounding the door knob spot to allow us to cut this area out without having to worry about the support for the knob.

The knob runs about 30.00 or so. I will put pictures of it once I get it installed

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)