'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Stupid Drunk Woman

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-08-08 10:21 AM
16 replies, 7433 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-06-28 2:22 PM (#107191)
Subject: Stupid Drunk Woman

Extreme Veteran

At around 3:00 yesterday afternoon, this crazy drunk **tch ran right through my wood fence!!  Then she backed out of my field and took off.  Luckily, my neighbor was out in his yard and saw the whole thing.  He and a buddy jumped in his truck and followed her to her house and called the police.  When we spoke to the trooper who arrested her, he said...and I quote..."She was tore up from the floor up!"

It's just the craziest thing...We live on the ONLY straight stretch of this road and this makes the fourth wreck on our property in the last 10 years!

Here you can see the skid marks on the road and where she jumped the little ditch.

IMG_1845.jpg picture by teapot1965

The cedar posts broke off right at the ground.

IMG_1843.jpg picture by teapot1965

Here you can see the tracks all the way over to the neighbor's fence.  The piece of debris at the top of the pic is actually part of the grill from her truck.

IMG_1834.jpg picture by teapot1965

Fortunately, we had rotated the horses off this lot last week to let the grass grow, so nobody was hurt.  But I can't help but think of the 'what ifs'.  What if the horses had been in there?  Or my grandson?!?!?!?  And what in the world was she doing completely sh!tfaced drunk at 3:00 in the afternoon?  Geeze I HATE drunks.  And this is supposed to be a DRY COUNTY!!!!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-06-28 6:17 PM (#107198 - in reply to #107191)
Subject: RE: Stupid Drunk Woman

Extreme Veteran

Glad no one was hurt in this episode. Who knows why people do what they do. Just stupid, I guess. I don't think I could live with myself if I got drunk and hurt someone else. Have you tought about replacing the roadside fence with steel pipe? Steel would do a better job of protecting whatever is behind your fence, but would be a lot tougher on the ones trying to drive through it.

Marla
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-06-28 8:40 PM (#107204 - in reply to #107191)

Elite Veteran

So glad your horses were okay! About a month ago, the same thing happen to me, it was the drunk neighbor woman. I wanted to call the sheriff and my other neighbors got pissed at me, they wanted to protect the drunk neighbor ....so she didn't lose her license.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-06-28 9:36 PM (#107206 - in reply to #107191)

Expert

From the looks of the pictures and her tracks,I'd say she's one lucky "stupid drunk woman" because if she'd hit the tree right by your fence instead,you would have been calling the coroner instead of the cops.

Nothing worse than a drunk,unless it's a drunk woman.And the fact that she's drunk and driving already makes her stupid to start with.(besides lucky.)

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2009-06-28 10:22 PM (#107209 - in reply to #107191)

maybe the county would put up that high tension steel cable like the stuff going up along I 65; then the stupid drunks could riccochet themselves into the trees across the road
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-06-29 10:56 AM (#107246 - in reply to #107191)

Veteran

Isn't it jsut amazing. Glade no one was hurt. I had a brother in law, was 30 riding a bycicle, and a lady in her 70's was drunk and hit him. The cops found her at her house the bike was stuck to the car and she didn't even know it. He died and nothing happened to her. She had a lot of money and fought everything. Sad. I'm a Mother Against Drunk Drivers.....
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2009-07-05 11:45 PM (#107585 - in reply to #107204)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by IcePonyGoddess on 2009-06-28 12:40 AM

So glad your horses were okay! About a month ago, the same thing happen to me, it was the drunk neighbor woman. I wanted to call the sheriff and my other neighbors got pissed at me, they wanted to protect the drunk neighbor ....so she didn't lose her license.

She would of had two choices. The cops or a massive butt whooping when she sobered up of coarse. I would want to make sure she new who left tread marks on her face....

Of coarse it would of been my wife doing the whooping. I'd had to hold her back until after she was sobber...LOL

Edited by Spooler 2009-07-05 11:47 PM
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-07-06 8:48 AM (#107596 - in reply to #107191)

Extreme Veteran

It has been over a week now since this happened.  We have not heard from the woman or her husband.  No offer to come fix the fence (which we did ourselves) or to reimburse us for the materials.   Not even an apology!  Not only was she a stupid drunk, she apparently has no manners or sense of responsibility.
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2009-07-06 9:05 PM (#107632 - in reply to #107191)

At least Ky requires proof of insurance in order to get a vehicle tag, so the vehicle, if it had a tag on it, should have liability insurance. Perhaps there is a crash report on file now so you could find their insurance company to make a property damage claim.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-07-06 11:01 PM (#107635 - in reply to #107191)

Expert

I'd absolutely file on her insurance.  And make sure you pay yourself a wage for doing the repair.  In fact I'd probably call a fencing company and get a estimate of what they would charge to replace  X number of feet of fence and submit it to her insurance. 

If she has no insurance, then you can take her into small claims court.   Here in Utah small claims is any amount under $10,000  and it cost $50 to file and no attorney is needed. And chances are the judge would award the damages with out much of a fight.

People who do this kind of stuff, NEED to be prosecuted.  I see no leniency.  We had a drunk  run through a fence and kill a woman working in her garden here last spring. The judge just sentenced him to 15 years in Jail which was the maximum sentence.  The judges comments was that he wished he could give the guy a life sentence.  Of course the drunks family was all crying the blues about how he was a good guy who had a bad year and needed public help.   Too Late in opinion.

NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-07-07 9:18 AM (#107642 - in reply to #107191)

Regular

There has been numerous DWI cases in NM that have had very tragic ends. Too many of these drunks drive the wrong way on the roads and have a head on collision. Just about 2 wks ago up in Santa Fe a wrong way driver hit 5 teens on their way to a function killing 4 of them. A few years ago another drunk hit a family riding their horses. The horses were killed one child ended up in the bed of the truck and the guy kept going. Again up by Santa Fe another wrong way driver killed a family of 5 with one child surviving. This drunk also died in the accident. What pevees me is that the family members of the drunk start saying "oh my child/husband/wife/brother/sister/mother/father who ever could never do that" "That just not in them to do something so tragic"

Dwight file a civil suit to get your fence fixed and any other damages she did.
trailcorral
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-07-09 6:20 AM (#107719 - in reply to #107191)

I am so glad no one was hurt! A drunk man ran off the road and hit my friends mare that had just had a foal...she had to bottle feed the baby...this was 30 years ago. Then one time my friends and I were camping for a week up  in  NC and the guys next to us were drunk, decided to go out on a evening ride and one of they had a tie down on his horse and when they got lost and had to  cross the river in the darkness of night, his horse went down and then couldn't get it's head up...the horse drowned... it came a quick rain strom and the river was up.

Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-07-10 1:40 PM (#107817 - in reply to #107191)

Extreme Veteran

I sold a beautiful half arab, half quarterhorse gelding to some friends several years ago.  Their son and his friends had a party in which they all got drunk and decided to ride the new horse.  Two of them jumped in the middle of that horse's back from the top rail  of the fence.  Broke the animals' back and he had to be destroyed.  You can guess what I wanted to do to those boys.

Marla 

pupsnponies
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-07-10 8:35 PM (#107829 - in reply to #107191)

Crazy! Similar incident at my place a few years back. Luckily it was in the wee hours of the morning and my ponies were safely tucked away. An idiot drunk driver missed that the road ended at the T.. kept barreling on straight, hit the embankment just right and sailed completely over the electric pasture fence, leaving it intact. He then exited the vehicle and left it there where I found it in the morning and called the police. We had to take the whole fence down for them to get the vehicle OUT! And then pick up car piece parts from the pasture.. Small town so the driver was easily identified (as a moron!).

Mj
siseley
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2009-07-11 3:45 PM (#107855 - in reply to #107191)

Extreme Veteran

We too have had our share of dopy drunks.

One decided to cross over the butte s behind the property and in his haste neglegted to note the butte is perpendicular on my side!!

I wound up with his stupid truck along my corral fence on it's side, he walked away with out a scratch,

( drunks are always so relaxed!!), the rocks and creosote bushes were all scattered and flattened,

and his truck was of course a total. He told the sheriff some one stole his truck!!

BUT, his friends squealed and he got a charge of perjury and filing a false report as well as an a## whipping from his ole man from what I heard.

Hmmmmm.... more a## whippings and less coddling....Hmmmmm

Might work?

Steve with the flattened bushes!

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-07-14 12:10 PM (#108007 - in reply to #107191)

Expert

This morning on the news, it was stated that drunk driving accidents have actually declined in the past few years. Now a majority of the accidents are the results of drug usage, cell phones and especially texting.

Of course, if you're a notable football star, you can become inebriated, kill someone with your car, and be out of jail in less than a month.

Must be the modern world in which we live.

Gard

Yvette
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2009-08-08 10:21 AM (#109163 - in reply to #107191)

Extreme Veteran

Afraid money and prestige has always helped people get lesser sentences then those without. Not just the more recent football player.

Sorry about your fence, but I'm with Rose find out who their insurance company, should be on the police accident report and if she didn't file one, get the police to make her file one, then make a claim with them. Get at least three estimates from fencing companies for the repair to give to the insurance company. That is your best bet to get reimbursed for your expense. However if you have already made the repair, they may only pay you for the materials. Either way, keep your receipts.

Glad your horses weren't in that pasture, not just for their safety from being hit, but loose horses on a road people drive fast on (sober or drunk) could have resulted in a larger disaster.

BTW no such thing as a dry county. A dry county is just a county that's losing revenue from not selling alcohol. It certainly doesn't make anyone not drink that wants to. And people can get drunk at any time of the day. After all, you have shift workers who's five o clock can be between six and eight in the morning.

As for texting and driving, how dumb can people be? As for me I don't text, people text me and I call them back. ;) Internet boards are as close as I get to texting.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)