'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
cimarron trailer versus elite

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-11 4:04 PM
16 replies, 8496 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

thauck
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-08 5:45 PM (#40119)
Subject: cimarron trailer versus elite

New User

What does anyone know about the Cimarron trailers?  We know that they were formerly CM, but not much else.  We have an Elite trailer now and love it, but need to go a little bigger.  We found a Cimarron in our search and would like any info anyone has to offer.  THANKS!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
paintpaddy
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-04-08 9:39 PM (#40131 - in reply to #40119)
Subject: RE: cimarron trailer versus elite

Cimarron produces a high end trailer with its Norstar Model. We have a 2004 3H slant w/10' LQ and have never been sorry we purchased it. We're looking to go bigger, too, and have been looking and looking at trailers thsi winter. Everytime we get excited about finding a possiblity in another brand, once we see it and inspect it we feel they come up short in comparison to our Cimarron. Wish we'd have just bought bigger in the first place. Everyone has their own preferences in floor plans and features, but you'll never regret the quality and top shelf contruction of a Cimarron.

marlenaanne
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-04-08 11:42 PM (#40137 - in reply to #40119)

Regular

I agree with paintpaddy. CM/Cimmaron is a quality trailer. The LQ all depends on the conversion package and who does it. I shopped seriously at all brands before purchasing my 2004 CM. I haven't regretted it. I helped a friend start her trailer search this year and after looking at several brands I am still very excited about my choice. There's an explanation about ownership and how CM and Cimmaron names interplay. I won't try to explain it but I'm comfortable with what was explained to me. Good luck in your search.
marlenaanne
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-04-08 11:43 PM (#40138 - in reply to #40119)

Regular

I agree with paintpaddy. CM/Cimmaron is a quality trailer. The LQ all depends on the conversion package and who does it. I shopped seriously at all brands before purchasing my 2004 CM. I haven't regretted it. I helped a friend start her trailer search this year and after looking at several brands I am still very excited about my choice. There's an explanation about ownership and how CM and Cimmaron names interplay. I won't try to explain it but I'm comfortable with what was explained to me. Good luck in your search.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-04-09 4:19 AM (#40143 - in reply to #40119)

Expert

Sounds like we have heard from a few happy Cimarron owners. Now for the original post, Cimarron will not compare with the quality of Elite. All you have to do is look at the workmanship of the two brands, Cimarron is an assembly line trailer with some questionable floor supports, honeycomb something or other roof system. Elite is not an assembly line trailer they have alot of welds, very few if any rivits. A proven floor and roof systems. By the way An Elite should be more expensive because there is a lot of Craftsmanship in one of them. Cimarron makes a good trailer and they have a place in the market, If you are looking at both trailers with the same two eyes and you don't see any differences, buy the Cimarron because the differences don't matter to you. I Think you will see them.   I hope I don't come across as bashing Cimarron that is not what I am doing, but the difference between a trailer like Elite, 4 Star, & C&C and others, and the assembly line trailer crowd is real obvious, just look at the Craftsmanship.

Edited by HWBar 2006-04-09 4:26 AM
arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-04-09 7:20 PM (#40151 - in reply to #40143)

Veteran

Originally written by HWBar on 2006-04-09 4:19 AM

Sounds like we have heard from a few happy Cimarron owners. Now for the original post, Cimarron will not compare with the quality of Elite. All you have to do is look at the workmanship of the two brands, Cimarron is an assembly line trailer with some questionable floor supports, honeycomb something or other roof system. Elite is not an assembly line trailer they have alot of welds, very few if any rivits. A proven floor and roof systems. By the way An Elite should be more expensive because there is a lot of Craftsmanship in one of them. Cimarron makes a good trailer and they have a place in the market, If you are looking at both trailers with the same two eyes and you don't see any differences, buy the Cimarron because the differences don't matter to you. I Think you will see them.   I hope I don't come across as bashing Cimarron that is not what I am doing, but the difference between a trailer like Elite, 4 Star, & C&C and others, and the assembly line trailer crowd is real obvious, just look at the Craftsmanship.

I understand that trailers are made differently but I don't understand what is "questionable" about the floor supports on the Cimarron. By whom? Are they not safe?  why?  What knowledge do you have of them failing?  I understand that some people don't like "honeycomb" roofs but I know others that think they are terrific.  Why is the Elite "proven" but the Cimarron is "questionable" ? I suspect that there are many Cimarron owners that have used their trailers for many miles and years and feel that they are "proven", whatever that means. I don't have either but I do think these over-generalized statements amount to bashing. 

I drive a truck produced on an assembly line and like it very much.  In fact I think it is very high quality and it suits me just fine. I have seen a few hand built cars that are awesome (although not all are especially reliable: expensive italian sports cars come to mind) and some hand built cars that were junk (my brothers restored 1965 Lincoln Continental.) I don't believe that the assembly line production necessarily makes it less desirable or of less quality.

In September 2005 Mr. Truck wrote review of Cimarron Trailers that you can get to by going to the horsetrailerworld.com home page.  Click on reviews and you'll find it pretty easily.  I just re-read it . . .  and it doesn't sound like Mr. Truck thinks they are "questionable" or "un-proven" . . . but then again what would he know?

Like many things we buy and use, the suitability and value of a horse trailer depends on what the owner needs/wants to do with it. Based on the comments that are made on this board, I do think the brand loyalty in the horse trailer market must be among the strongest of all consumer products sold in this country. It would make a very interesting marketing study.

Have a great evening!

Edited by arroyoseccofarm 2006-04-09 8:18 PM
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-09 8:17 PM (#40158 - in reply to #40119)

HAHA...thats funny stuff. If you care about horse safety at all, check on the floor of the two. Cimmarron beats Elite by far....
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-09 8:23 PM (#40159 - in reply to #40119)

Extreme Veteran

You won't go wrong with either trailer. The Elite should cost a little more than the Cimmaron. Cimmaron is a similar to a Hart and Elite is more like a 4 star. Like everyone is saying you could have the same interior in both.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-04-10 5:27 AM (#40167 - in reply to #40119)

Expert

I'll try to get a picture in the next day or so to show the board what they have to do with the floor to install holding tanks, I think it will shed new light into the floor support system a few of the manufacturers are using.
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-04-10 6:58 AM (#40170 - in reply to #40119)

Veteran

I have an Elite and 4 Star and have had several other 4 star trailers. I would only own one of those two brands. They are well known names and as others have said are not a production line trailer.

I am thrilled with the welding instead of the rivets and the resale value.

Go to a big horse show and look at the two brands together and you will see a big difference.

I agree too, the "package" makes the inside.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-04-10 9:15 AM (#40179 - in reply to #40143)

Elite Veteran

I think someone said Cimmaron is a production-line trailer... neither Cimmaron nor Elite are.... they are both fine trailers! If you crawl UNDER the trailers, you will see the quality! We have a Norstar (all alum) with a 16'SW and MT 3hrs with finished rear tack and everything including central heat/air/vac and a stemrack and winerack... the only regret I have is that "Daddy" (my husband) doesn't want me to pull it by myself...He  must think I might take the loveshack out on my own. Good luck in either case... you won't be sorry.

horseman
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-04-10 12:37 PM (#40190 - in reply to #40143)

You must either work for Elite or haven't seen a Cimarron. The Cimarron is such a classy trailer and the welding on the Elite can't even hold a candle to that of the Cimarron. The man who owns Cimarron, designed Hart trailers, so he knows how to build a trailer. The insulated roof is an awesome standard features. Nobody else does that type of roof standard. Everyone insulates it later and then it it just like "after market". Styrafoam with more aluminum skin over it. I can walk on the roof of my Cimarron. Try that with your elite. The roofs are nothing like Blair and other companies used. It is several layers of fiberglass with Kevlar over it. Grease zerts on the hinges, heavy duty doors, and an INTERLOCKING floor with joist on 6" center. My neighbor had an elite and the floor was sheet metal. My salesman was very familiar with the both trailers. He had a used Elite on the lot that we looked at. I once thought they were nice trailer to. Sorry you feel so strongly but to each his own.
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-04-10 2:20 PM (#40198 - in reply to #40119)

Veteran

I feel strongly about 4 Star and Elite. So does the public. They have the best resale of any of the brands. Check the trailers on this site. That could be becasue most of them are special ordered and tend to have more bells and whistles and a nice package LQ.

I don't know if you were referring to me liking elite, but I do.
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-04-10 6:01 PM (#40216 - in reply to #40119)

I pull a Cimarron Norstar too and I absolutely love it!   I wouldn't own anything else.   I previously was a big 4 Star fan but after the last one I owned I decided it was definitely time to switch as it was a poor quality trailer.   We did LOTS of shopping and a couple things that sold us on Cimarron were the extruded flooring system they use (we think its the best out there) and the quality of the welding on the trailer.   To the person who said they were "assembly line" trailers, I can assure you that they have never visited the factory.   I went on a tour when I picked up my trailer, almost every trailer there was being custom built for its new owner.....I didn't see any two that were the same.   As for the comparison to Elite, I think the Elites are nice but in my opinion, they are slightly overpriced for what you get.   You won't go wrong with the Cimarron and you'll get great customer service to back up the product. 
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-10 8:46 PM (#40228 - in reply to #40119)

HERE HERE!!!

arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-04-10 9:44 PM (#40233 - in reply to #40167)
Subject: This is a pointless string if there ever was one . . . .

Veteran

Droning on and on and no resolvable end in sight

Trailers101
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-11 4:04 PM (#40268 - in reply to #40233)
Subject: One trailer verses another

Both great trailers. Just find the features you like and make a decion based on that. Remember the service that comes with the trailer sometimes is more important that the product itself.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)