'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What's in Your LQ????

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-02 10:42 PM
15 replies, 5571 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rose66
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2008-02-28 8:17 PM (#78261)
Subject: What's in Your LQ????

Veteran

Everyone please post the things you keep in your LQ's, both necessary things and just nice to have things. Things such as safety items, kitchen items, storage items, food preparation, pretty much anything that makes camping easier and/or more fun.

There was a great thread about this a long while back but I have searched and searched under everything I can think of as far back as 360 days but I can't find it. So I figured I'd start another post about it. Thanks!!!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-02-28 8:58 PM (#78262 - in reply to #78261)
Subject: RE: What's in Your LQ????

Veteran

1.The remote control for the tv for hubby.2. I have extra appliances such as crock pot & toaster so I don't have to put take them in and out each trip. Along with pots and pans etc.3. last camping trip, my mother inlaw bought me some measuring cups and measuring spoons which I thought was really nice to have. 4. I usually stock up on tolietries just for the lq. First aid kit and stuff like antacids, pain reliever etc.5.Batteries are a must6. Storage bags, trash bags, paper plates & silverware paper towels.7. I also keep a good supply of staples, such as flour, sugar, canned goods so I don't have to replenish them that often.8. First aid supplies for the horses.9. Ink pens & paper.
CTR Rider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-02-28 9:19 PM (#78265 - in reply to #78261)

Veteran

Extra towels, a couple big beach towels, extra sheets and blankets. Extra batteries, AA, C and D cell.  Insect repellant, sunscreen, baby wipes, cold medicine, Peptobismol, paperback books, flashlights, fire extinguisher,extension cords, bottled water.

flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-02-28 9:31 PM (#78267 - in reply to #78261)

Expert

U S Rider.  Jiffy jack.  A small portable holland grill, fits nicely in the manger area to travel, a LP powered Coleman slowcooker, if there are no hookups, nice to come back from riding to a nice crockpot meal. No regular toaster, but a small toaster oven. A rechargeable Dustbuster. Pam for cooking!  Microwavable little non refrigerator meals for snacks. Milk 2% liquid in non refrig. container (til opened). Pot holders, Heavy duty Ziplock bags, snack cakes, trail mix.  Epi-pen (for my bug ALLERGIES) Emergency contact list in several locations. For who knows repairs... Cable ties, duct tape.     DVD's for movies when no TV available or worthwhile.  NOAA weather radio.  GPS. A spare serpentine belt for the truck motor. Batteries for remotes & walkie talkies....which are great just for spotting the trailer together without screeching, or to see if dinner is ready, etc.  Rubber muck shoes, great in wet grass etc.  Little wisk broom and dust pan.  One time use cameras.  Rain gear.  Solar lights that I put in the ground at each end of the trailer on the awning side to keep people from blundering into the awning! Awning deflapper, and heavy duty tiedown for awning.  "Porch" of indoor outdoor astroturf cheap carpet for front, keep from trackin in stuff, and a place to take off shoes etc. Lawn chairs and small folding aluminum table. I have an onboard generator and air compressor, so fittings to air up tires and extension hose, extension cords. Insect repellent! Fly swatter.  A small can of flying insect killer.  WD-40...and orange mechanics hand cleaner=great stuff!

Edited by flyinghfarm 2008-02-28 9:33 PM
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-02-28 10:06 PM (#78275 - in reply to #78261)

Extreme Veteran

A small set of tools, fuses for the trailer, an inverter so I don't have to run the generator to watch a movie, tire plugs so I can plug a nail hole if needed (an air compressor would be good too), and I usually try to have a raincoat in case I forget to bring one with me. Plus a lot of the other stuff already mentioned.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-02-28 10:38 PM (#78277 - in reply to #78261)

Expert

I keep a star lug wrench, Water Pump pliers, cresent wrench, a couple of those 10-1 screw drivers. Duct tape. several flashlights (big and small) extra batteries, First aid kit.  Typical kitchen stuff, Paper towels, plates, plastic spoons, forks, salt & pepper.  A george forman grill for quick cooking of meats. Some camp chairs, and a roll up small table. Extra rope/cord and stakes to tie down the awning or for a cloths line to hang wet cloths on. I leave a couple towels, extra shirt/pants, a sleeping bag in the trailer all the time.

I keep two 50' long mountain climbing ropes that I use for highlines, several sets of hobbles, water buckets for horses. Haynets, Sponges, horse shampoo, Tack, Usually always have a bag of hay cubes/pellets just in case I run short of feed. Electrolytes, Vet wrap, Chaps, helmets, Several sharp knives that can cut a lead rope quickly, a pistol ( I never want to ever have to cut another horses throat that needs to be put down).  Cylume light sticks, ( I tie them to the horses halters at night, if I can see the glow, I know the horses are still there).  Usually a couple of rain sheets for the horses.

Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-02-29 9:56 AM (#78306 - in reply to #78261)

Extreme Veteran

portable heater, boards to level the trailer, a small torpedo level, 2 burner electric cooker (I don't have a stove in my LQ), wire for who knows what, bungee cords, small plastic containers for sugar, screws, etc. BBQ utensils...real metal ones. I never thought about putting the Foreman grill in the trailer...gonna go do that now!
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-02-29 10:13 AM (#78307 - in reply to #78261)

Veteran

Equine meds for emergency.Coffee pot(not lug back for from house)misc smaller spices for cooking a few pots n pans cooking items left in year round.Extra towels,blankets too many clothes.Few dvds and magazines OH just way too much stuff huaband says could live outa there for year or two if needed too.Allways flashlights and generator(extra fuel).Also love taking candles Yankee(camp fire smoke smell-takes away).

Angelmay84
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-03-01 9:27 AM (#78413 - in reply to #78261)

Veteran

I LOVE the idea of the glow sticks.  I went on ebay and bought some in different colors....that way I can color code my horses so I know who is missing! It's always the Haflinger/Belgian she's got escaping the pickett line down to an art.

I always bring clothes pins, some disinfectant wipes, spare lighters, and I always look for food that could be left in the trailer (flavored noodles in a bag, canned goods, etc).  If you have a little propane grill, bring extra cylinders.  There's nothing worse than having your dinner half cooked and running out of propane.  I bring ketchup and mustard packets from restaraunts (easier than bottles).  Of course it's always good to have extra blankets, extra lawn chairs in case of visitors.  Bring bute for the horses, cold packs, liniment, and if you get in touch with your vet, a colic kit with things that could save your horse's life.  A friend of mine had her horse colic down in Missouri.  Thankfully the vet saved him, but they had to start IV's and everything.  It was VERY scary.  If the vet wasn't so handy that horse woulda died.  Be prepared for NO vet.  If you are a member of US rider you get a discount on the equine first aid kit. Probiotics are good to have on hand too.  Don't forget an easyboot!

Amanda

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-03-01 10:29 PM (#78445 - in reply to #78261)

Veteran

Oh my, this could get lengthy!  I bought my trailer it's own stuff! So I don't have to haul stuff back and forth from the house anymore. I keep a ceramic heater, electric skillet, toaster oven,  small coffee maker, towels, DVDs, night light, first aid kit, blankets, alarm clock, slip-on shoes, rechargable flashlight, rechargable lantern, colapsible dirty clothes hamper, toiletries, and more.

I also keep a list of things that might need to be replenished before I leave out,...such as toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, sugar,  paper plates, light sticks, light bulbs, batteries, baby wipes, bottled water,  etc.

Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2008-03-02 1:09 AM (#78449 - in reply to #78261)

Extreme Veteran

Wholy Moly, I need to go shopping looking at everyone's list. Some good ideas.
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-03-02 6:18 AM (#78452 - in reply to #78261)

Elite Veteran

Battery screwdriver set, lots of leveling boards, lots of ex cords,small coleman stove, canned goods, sleeping bag for in case it gets really cold in LQ, battery fan and lights, ele fan and ele heater.extra towel and washcloth, coffee bags, powdered creamer, then I get perishables right before I leave. 

Horse shampoo, battery clippers, extra halter and leads, banamine and bute, sulphur, all my meds, aspirin ect.  Tiolet chemical, baby wipes,saw and sometimes push mower.  In addition to some of the above.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-03-02 6:58 AM (#78455 - in reply to #78261)

Expert

I got one of these...

http://www.la-z-boy.com/furniture/product.aspx?pid=46

ntcowgirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-03-02 7:02 AM (#78456 - in reply to #78261)

Regular

Haha, reminds me of some old camping friends....on the side of their trailer was a painting.....

Lawn Chair Cowboy!  

I have everything including the kitchen sink in my trailer.

Did anyone mention extra snaps?   Pieces of latigo for leather repair?

flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-03-02 11:11 AM (#78468 - in reply to #78261)

Expert

Forgot... I also carry a manure fork and a folding portable small wheelbarrow.  Makes cleanup a snap, and if you unload somewhere to let em walk around and graze etc, you can make sure what was in the trailer is not left in the parking lot!
landsalmon2
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2008-03-02 10:42 PM (#78517 - in reply to #78261)

Lordy....What isn't in our LQ! We ,always bring extra bedding,(in case the dog gets sick on  it) lots of paper plates, really, paper everything, I hate to do dishes. We like our Mr coffee maker that works on our propane stove..saves battery life,snce we dont have a generator.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)