'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-30 9:31 AM
15 replies, 8165 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

spinnylena
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 12:29 AM (#88231)
Subject: Sundowner question

Maybe someone on here could answer this for me as i have received 20 different answers. What EXACTLY does the first 3 year hitch to bumper warranty cover?Reason i am asking is.....i ordered a new 2 horse angle haul 727 with ALL the bells and whistles. In the time that i have owned it i have had to replace all the screens in the windows, all the running lights, the seal around the window in the tackroom (it got warm and stretched to about 3 inches longer than it was) I ABSOLUTELY love my trailer and wouldn't change it ...but when i talk to the dealer,he assures me none of the things i have needed to fix are under warranty and it is more of the 'structural' stuff they look after.Is this a classic case of customer comes first until they walk out the door?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-07-25 12:51 AM (#88232 - in reply to #88231)
Subject: RE: Sundowner question

Expert

From the Sundowner web site...  >> http://www.sundownertrailer.com/warranty

This new warranty includes 3-year, from the date of purchase, hitch-to-bumper coverage on all Sundowner horse, stock, cargo, sport utility, and Living Quarters units with the exception of tires, brakes, and accessory batteries. The new warranty also includes all items in Living Quarters units, including those that are covered for less than three years by the original manufacturer, and is fully transferable

If it isn't excluded (tires, brakes, or batteries) it's covered.  Talk to your dealer again.  Then talk to Sundowner.  I've found corporate Sundowner to be very accommodating.  (Remember.. ya get more flies with honey than with vinegar

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 6:04 AM (#88237 - in reply to #88231)

If you just want to draw flies, a dead possum works better than honey. If you want to get your trailer fixed under warranty, as it should be, you may want to try a big stick. The dealer already had his shot at making it right in a reasonable manner and chose instead to BS his way out of it.
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2008-07-25 8:02 AM (#88243 - in reply to #88231)

Elite Veteran

Just curious. Why did you have to replace the screens and the running lights? What was the cause? Did your horse put his nose through the screen? Did something hit your running lights? I would not think that those type of things should be expected to be covered under warranty.
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 8:53 AM (#88247 - in reply to #88231)

Regular

Spinny....the warranty is cut and dry......everyting but tires,brakes,batteries.....first 36 months........I am not going to comment on the dealer, but you need to stay on this issue......Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your trailer. I know they are small issues, but still a pain in the a** huh ???.......IM me anytime if you need help.....Good luck
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 9:13 AM (#88252 - in reply to #88231)

Veteran

So sorry ya had problems with Sundowner trailer.We bought new Sundowner back in 2006  and in first 2 or 3 short distance trip tire flat/blown.Luckily was close to tire repair shop(ya had spare too).The man changed it for me as where very kind.He said tire was dud/defective.Called dealership that had sold trailer etc had new tire in 2-3 days.We where happy as we hadn't been over 40 miles with trailer.Now we might have 1000 miles on it and never any more flats etc.Best luck and hope all works better from now on.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-07-25 9:19 AM (#88253 - in reply to #88231)

Expert

Any time a dealer of any brand of trailer, tries to blow off a customer by refusing service or attention, the customer should become proactive. The dealer is not the final authority, and if he is not doing his job and acting responsibly, then the customer should immediately contact the manufacturer. If it doesn't act with proper action and concern, then you may be faced with legal options.

After spending a great deal of money  on a product that is necessary to the well being of you and your animals, you deserve some after purchase attention. If your warranty states that certain items are covered, and you are refused, you have the basis for a legal action. Legalities are messy, time consuming and expensive and don't always turn out the way you want them to. Frequently they are not cost effective.

Sometime a manufacturer will direct you to another dealer. If your discrepancy involves a user item of a different manufacturer, it can often be repaired at various factory certified service centers. If the item is brand specific, such as specialized hardware, then you will have to deal with your trailer's manufacturer. Fortunately, many service items such as screens and seals can be repaired by other people not connected to your trailer's brand. Many trailer parts are common among the different brands, such as your running lights, and can be sourced from many suppliers. Many repairs can be effected by yourself with some encouragement and direction.

You have to fight for what you think you deserve is correct. To take the word of a singular, lazy salesperson, is doing yourself a disservice. Ask for the manager, the owner, the owner's wife, whomever is in charge. Make noise and tell them what you expect. Being a placid victim will get you very little.

Get tough and fight for your rights. Learn what your warranty says and expect them to honour it if its applicable.

gard

Edited by gard 2008-07-25 9:27 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-07-25 10:35 AM (#88258 - in reply to #88253)

Expert

What he said,plus: "Whose top dog,baby sister?" "The one that fights the hardest."

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-07-25 10:40 AM (#88260 - in reply to #88231)

Elite Veteran

I respectfully disagree with Gard. Yes- know your rights and what the warranty does & does not cover. But I have been in a dealership before when someone "demanded" action, and their action was to be shown the door. I'm sure it varies in different parts of the country, but I've never seen good service from a service person of any type who was feeling abused by the customer. And back to another question that hasn't been asked- Are these warranty issues, or abuse? My Ford has a 3 year warranty, but if my horse eats the paint off of it, Ford won't cover it.
spinnylena
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 11:49 AM (#88263 - in reply to #88231)

Thank you for the replies!!! No my horse did not stick her nose thru the screen.There is a miniscule piece of elastic tubing that holds the screens in place...all of them came loose.I do realize that temperature changes can affect this so i just let it go.Then when my running lights burned out one after the other i started to get concerned.The dealer i work with was no help....so when i called the Sundowner plant (to ask about that whole deterioration of the floor boards thing,which also didn't get resolved) i ordered all new running lights.They were very pricey not to mention the shipping to Canada (i thought at least they would GIVE me the lights if i wasn't dinging them for warranty work...but sadly,NO) When my friend went to install them he found very short wires on all the lights and the new ones came with at least 3 inches...so he said that could have been the problem.Again..i am not trying to slam Sundowner...i did a lot of research before i ordered and am very satisfied with the trailer...i am just VERY dissapointed with the customer service after spending $30,000.00 on a trailer.
mgisse
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-07-26 2:56 PM (#88320 - in reply to #88231)

Most warranties form the manufacters can only cover the parts the make not the parts the order and install like tires ,axles ,lights , windows, ect.. That is not to say that they dont cover thoes things at times but how can you say that it it is the manufactures falt for a defective part.
The screens and the screw cover do shrink and the dealer should have helped you out on that but they should have checked your trailer out to make sure their wasent another problem with the 12v system .

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-07-26 3:38 PM (#88322 - in reply to #88231)

Expert

Hitch to Bumper Warranty

3 Year Hitch to Bumper - 8 Yr Structural Transferable Warranty

With the launch of a new initiative to promote outstanding customer service after the sale, Sundowner Trailers announces the industry's longest, most inclusive consumer-protection warranty program.

This new warranty includes 3-year, from the date of purchase, hitch-to-bumper coverage on all Sundowner horse, stock, cargo, sport utility, and Living Quarters units with the exception of tires, brakes, and accessory batteries. The new warranty also includes all items in Living Quarters units, including those that are covered for less than three years by the original manufacturer, and is fully transferable

All of our trailers are also covered by an 8-year structural warranty, which is the longest in the industry. This warranty covers frame and shell structure of all trailers against failure during normal use due to manufacturing defect.

Because Sundowner produces the best trailers in the industry, we feel we can easily offer the best warranty. Because we believe in our product so much, the entire Sundowner team is committed to not only building the best trailer, but also providing the finest customer service.

http://www.sundownertrailer.com/warranty

ONLY, if Sundowner does NOT want to help...then just contact a lawyer...because there does NOT appear to be loopholes based on what is posted on their website...Your actual documents may differ...

Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-07-27 5:26 PM (#88369 - in reply to #88231)

Extreme Veteran

If talking to the dealer did not resolve the issue, then working up the food chain will most  likely yield results.  Most times, a web site can be found lisiting corporate officers.  Contacting the president or ceo of a company will often get immediate results, where dealing with underlings gets you nowhere.  State your complaint clearly, logically, and POLITELY.  Being rude and crude will not get the desired result.  Good luck!

Marla

missrowdy
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-29 7:55 PM (#88540 - in reply to #88231)

Been there - done that!  Being polite doesn't work so well with the good ole boys at Sundowner - we'll see if the courts treat them as well.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=9884&start=1

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-07-29 11:45 PM (#88558 - in reply to #88540)

Expert

Originally written by missrowdy on 2008-07-29 8:55 PM

Been there - done that!  Being polite doesn't work so well with the good ole boys at Sundowner - we'll see if the courts treat them as well.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=9884&start=1

I'm pretty sure your warranty will NOT cover rodent damage......But I've been wrong before...

KCW
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-07-30 9:31 AM (#88592 - in reply to #88231)

Veteran

Make it simple, just give Sundowner a call!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)