'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY tip-between ceiling and wall curve

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-06 9:24 PM
11 replies, 4779 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-04 11:32 PM (#39974)
Subject: DIY tip-between ceiling and wall curve

Regular

I am working on a diy living area and was trying to decide how to handle the "curved" area between the ceiling and wall on a Sundowner. I found that the foam "fun noodles" that the kids use in the swimming pools fit perfect.  I bought the ones that are shaped like a flower and measured the circumfrence and added 2 inches.  I cut my fabric about 6-8 inches longer than needed and then sewed right sides together to create a tube with a one inch seam.  Turn it right side out then slide it over the "fun noodle" and poke the excess ends into the hole at each end of the "fun noodle" and pop it into place in that "curved" area.  These can be cut to length or carved slightly to fit if your trailer has different dimensions than mine.  I'll try to attach some photos showing the funnoodles and the one in place plain and the in place with my 99cents a yard coordinating fabric.  With all of them in place you would not see the ends of the noodles.  (I'm not done yet)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-05 7:33 AM (#39981 - in reply to #39974)
Subject: RE: DIY tip-between ceiling and wall curve

Expert

Nice idea !!  This also preserves access to the wiring.  Sundowner uses this area as a cable tray for the running lights
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 8:15 AM (#39984 - in reply to #39974)

Veteran

Do you have more pics of your trailer.  That is a good idea.   You could even put wire in that hole if needed.

How did you attach it to the curve????? 

ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 9:28 AM (#39987 - in reply to #39974)

Regular

It just POPS in.  If you want to take it out....you just grab it and give it a tug and it will come back out.  The flower formation of the foam allows it to grab the edges of the ceiling and the wall and kinda form around it and the foam has enough give that it just POPS in and POPS out.  It's in their solid enough that it shouldn't fall out out....it's pretty stable.  If you want to change your decor you can change your fabric or as said before.....easy access to the wiring.  If you need a bit more circumfrence.....wrap it in quilter's batting before putting the fabric on it.
ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 9:54 AM (#39989 - in reply to #39974)

Regular

Here are some pics of my 1990 Sundowner....I'm not done....just finished the insulating and paneling. I've got 2 more ceiling panels to add and then it's time for my hubby to build the cabinets. He did that as a living at one point.  I did all the other except he installed the electric outlets.   Since I bought the one for my lead ropes...lunge lines...extra halters and the other holds all of my grooming supplies. We've added a ramp, a walk thru door and 2 windows and an escape vent hatch above the bed (for safety and for air on nice nights.  We also travel with motorcycles so tie down notches were welded into the back to strap down ourt motorcycles.  When we get where we are going to camp....unload what your carrying (which ever type horse power it is! (ha!) roll out the rug...take the foldout bed out of the front living area and put it in the back....put my rollaway cart in the back for whatever...tv etc and my 13 yr old son thinks the back of the trailer is his.

ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 9:59 AM (#39990 - in reply to #39974)

Regular

Here are some pics of my 1990 Sundowner....I'm not done....just finished the insulating and paneling. I've got 2 more ceiling panels to add and then it's time for my hubby to build the cabinets. He did that as a living at one point.  I did all the other except he installed the electric outlets.   Since I bought the trailer...I've added 2 side boxes, one for my lead ropes...lunge lines...extra halters and the other holds all of my grooming supplies. We've added a ramp, a walk thru door and 2 windows and an escape vent hatch above the bed (for safety and for air on nice nights).  We also travel with motorcycles so tie down notches were welded into the back to strap down our motorcycles.  When we get where we are going to camp....unload what your carrying (which ever type of horse power it is! )(ha!) roll out the rug...take the foldout bed out of the front living area and put it in the back....put my rollaway cart in the back for whatever...tv etc and my 13 yr old son thinks the back of the trailer is his.  Above the frig will be a corner cabinet with a nook for the tv/vcr combo w/12 volt access. Under that will be a shelf for the microwave.  Under the windows will be a cabinet with a small sink and where the white plastic cabinets are right to the right of the door will be a shallow cabinet that will be a small closet that doubles as the top step to the neck of the trailer....towards the middle of the chest of the trailer...next to the closet will be a shorter steps to put "stuff" in and it will be a small sit down stoop.....there will be cabinets across the nose of the trailer and a few more in the neck right over the chest of the trailer. I've got my temporary plastic cabinets in there to hold my "stuff" until we get the actual ones built. Still alot to do but I think the hard part is done?????I hope

Edited by ISHOM 2006-04-05 10:13 AM
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 6:19 PM (#40001 - in reply to #39974)

Extreme Veteran

That's a great idea!!  Trim and insulation all-in-one!
brisco
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-04-05 7:30 PM (#40003 - in reply to #39974)
Subject: space savers- show off your ideas

Regular

Very nice!

Elaine

arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 8:19 PM (#40004 - in reply to #39974)

Veteran

B R I L L I A N T   idea!!!

Thanks for the tip.  One of the best (and most creative) I have seen on this forum.

ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-06 7:58 PM (#40042 - in reply to #39974)

Regular

Thank You!
threehorses
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-04-06 8:10 PM (#40043 - in reply to #39974)

Ooooooooh I love you! LOL My interior walls are done, but they left a space there in just that spot and I haven't been able to figure out WHAT to do!! And it just so happens that I just bought a running horse fabric to match my curtains and my bench top in nice natural colors, so guess what I'm about to do with it! Wooooo hooooo! What a fabulous idea you had!!

Omigosh I think I'm going to do this when my husband is at work and surprise him when he gets home one day. :D

Thanks again for the idea!

Nathalie
ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-06 9:24 PM (#40053 - in reply to #39974)

Regular

I used an electric knife (like for trimming meat etc) to cut mine.....alot cleaner cut than scissors.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)