'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
looking for a TRUE weekender trailer....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-06-24 10:07 AM
11 replies, 6252 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gapeach123
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-06-22 2:49 PM (#106823)
Subject: looking for a TRUE weekender trailer....

New User

a true weekender with no shower or toilet...seriously a stove, sink, tons a cabinets over atleast a shower/bathroom combo. I can brush my teeth and wash my hands in a shower.  I know how to cook over a campfire and wash dishes with a jug of water; and I'd really prefer not to dig a hole or have a cowboy shower; so is there anyone that knows of or if there are any manufacturer's that make a horse trailer with AC/Heat option, toilet and shower, minimal cabinets, screw the microwave, sink, stove and all the unnessary stuff that a "weekender" can live without for 3 days.  And I don't want a cowboy shower.  Call me a girl (which I am) but if I'm going on weekend trail ride "camping" I promise I'd rather have a bathroom (some of these places you go don't have a shower or bathrooms) that I don't have to empty close at hand after a night of a few coldies and place to rinse off (hot) not in horse poop or have to lose a stall for it.  Someone needs to make a 3 plus horse trailer with these features only because I have been looking and looking and can not seem to find one single one.  It's either all or none!  I don't see why I need to pay extra for a nicer sleeper area with only a stove, sink and microwave if I still pay to have to make custom accomodations.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
linds
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2009-06-22 3:24 PM (#106825 - in reply to #106823)
Subject: RE: looking for a TRUE weekender trailer....

To each their own...  everywhere I go has bathrooms/showers, so my idea of a weekender is something I can cook/sleep in!

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2009-06-22 3:24 PM (#106826 - in reply to #106823)

Elite Veteran

Call me stupid, but I read this post and don't have a clue what you want. Do you, or do you not want a toilet & shower?? Maybe if you could slow down, we can help. Oh- and for the most part the manufacturers can and will build anything you want. If you cannot find one, it just means that past sales levels don't justify having one on hand. But I promise, they will build it when you order it!
LonghornTRL
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-06-22 3:35 PM (#106830 - in reply to #106823)

I am sending you a PM I can help you out with your needs.
brew26
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-06-22 3:44 PM (#106831 - in reply to #106823)

Veteran

Horsey1 I'm with you I have no clue what she's talking about.  If you look around most of the time you can get a trailer with either just cabinets sink and microwave/stove top or you can get a shower with them.  But getting a trailer with a nice lq is going to keeps its trade in or selling price longer and more desirable for the next person to buy.  The cost difference between buying a complete lq or a weekender isn't really all that much either. 
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2009-06-22 3:58 PM (#106833 - in reply to #106823)

Extreme Veteran

My Exiss is called a weekender, but it has a toilet, shower, sink and did have a fridge until I took it out. No stove, but I made a cabinet for a microwave and have a hotplate in it. I added all the cabinet space I need after I got it. It was a little sparse in that area. I have seen several really nice weekender packages in Exiss trailers that are just what you are asking for.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-06-22 4:45 PM (#106848 - in reply to #106823)

Expert

Get a hold of these folks:

http://www.whinnycargo.com/

They will build exactly what you're looking for and are great to deal with. They are very helpful, and even have a book on how to build LQ interiors.

Gard

Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-06-22 5:36 PM (#106856 - in reply to #106823)

Extreme Veteran

I think everyone's idea of 'weekender' is different.  I, too, had trouble finding just what I wanted.  I told someone I felt like Goldilocks...this one is too fancy and this one is too plain.  So I took my 3H-GN with 4'SW to a local guy.  I made some simple drawings of what I wanted and he built it for me.

I have a comfy bed, a fridge, microwave and lots of storage space.  I did not want to fool with pipes and plumbing, so I have a bucket potty in the corner which serves quite well for those middle of the night bladder calls.

We cook over the fire and prepare things in disposable dishes so the only things that have to be washed after a meal are the serving utensils and they can be done at the bath house or even at the water hydrant.

buyshadow
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-06-22 9:10 PM (#106871 - in reply to #106823)

Regular

Good Evening! Shadow Truck and Trailer in Ocala, FL can build you the living quarter that you are looking for! We even stock "plus packs" the do it your self dream of a living quarter! We have several trailers listed here with horsetrailerworld.com ... they are a great site to find what you need! Please shoot me an email and I will get you a quote...or call us anytime! Our number is listed throughout horse trailer world, or if they will allow I will leave it here for you.... www.buyshadow.com 352-629-0212 Best of luck to you and looking forward to building you what you are looking for at a budget you will love! M
RAF
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-06-24 7:20 AM (#106961 - in reply to #106823)

Regular

go to factory direct horse trailers . He can get you what you are looking for .John James 406 431 0447
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-06-24 9:00 AM (#106966 - in reply to #106823)

Expert

What is a TRUE weekender?

I've always considered a weekender to be a fully equipped LQ, on a smaller scale (4' or 5' short wall). My trailer has a decal stating it is a weekender, and it has all the major amenities.

Some people are selling bare, unfinished dressing rooms, equipped with only a mattress, as a weekender. Has the definition of a weekender been changed, to now include any space in which you can sleep? Does it have to be within the dressing room, or will a cot in the stall areas be next, to also be included in this definition?

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-06-24 10:07 AM (#106970 - in reply to #106823)

Elite Veteran

Guess everyone's definition must be different. I could care less about kitchens (exception of fridge/microwave) because chances of my needing to cook are pretty small. Countertop space is a waste of storage space to me. But I would LOVE to shower in my own dirt instead of some of the slimy fairground showers IF they have any facilities. And the middle of the night trip across the fairgrounds...well a portapotty is fine for me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)