'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hope All Of You From AR and the south are ok after the storms

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-13 8:39 PM
9 replies, 4708 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-05-02 7:42 PM (#83018)
Subject: Hope All Of You From AR and the south are ok after the storms

Veteran

Crowlyridgegirl and all the others from Arkansas, and southern states hope you all survived the tornadoes that went through there today.

Edited by classygirl98 2008-05-02 7:43 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-05-03 3:32 PM (#83059 - in reply to #83018)
Subject: RE: Hope All Of You From AR and the south are ok after the storms

Expert

Here in the Ouachitas, we are alright, but there are lots of folks hurting out there....thanks for thinking of 'em....
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-05-05 12:02 AM (#83138 - in reply to #83018)

Expert

classygirl,thankx,guess where we were when all those storms struck?? Up in your neck of the woods at Hartshorn,at Big Creek.

We were in the trailer getting ready to go to breakfast.It was starting to look like something might happen,wind was really blowing in gusts,and the clouds were very fast moving.All of a sudden ,it hit.My husband said,"We waited too late,we can't go out in this now."

The trailer started rocking,and I told him,"Move away from the door! I'm getting out of here!" I took off running,ran down 2 embankments to the mess hall.I don't think I've ran that fast since I was a kid.Storms will get this old gal moving.

It was over almost as quick as it got there,thankfully,but we did hear that others weren't so fortunate,and were hit here.It was nerve wracking up there at Big Creek in a trailer,no place to go but to the shower stalls in the bath houses!!

brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-05-05 8:56 AM (#83157 - in reply to #83018)

I had already loaded the trailer, locked up the house and started the truck to pull out to head to RANCH DAYS in Mayflower when the sirens went off. I jumped out of the truck and ran back in to the house for shelter. One funnel cloud touched down about 12 miles SW of us, destroying Crossroads Country Store. And another funnel cloud touched down about 12miles NW of us cutting down a forest, crossing hwy167, then several other forests, then crossing I-530 and continuing on to do more damage all along it way before it hit Carlisle. We were lucky and didn't have any damage here at our place, but alot of folks weren't so lucky.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-05-05 11:56 AM (#83179 - in reply to #83157)

Expert

I certainly do hate to hear it.I guess we were lucky in that we are further north,sometimes,(not usually,but sometimes) they converge south of us here.But about a month ago senarios were taking place on that day that made the cold/warm line hit right about here,and the scene was set up for deadly long traveling tornados.We did a lot of praying around here on that day.

Arkansas has had some real weather weirdos this year to happen.Tornado Feb.5,ect ect.Strange stuff!

classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-05-06 3:28 PM (#83303 - in reply to #83018)

Veteran

CRG, we did not have hardly anything here except for rain. When we were coming back from the bar fifty three weeks ago, we say where they had tornadoes go through. Maybe that was the one they had in Feb.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-05-06 10:54 PM (#83334 - in reply to #83303)

Expert

It was a record setting tornado that traveled 126 miles on the ground.Started around Clinton,and traveled in almost a direct NE line,through Atkins where people lost their lives,Gassville,and on to Highland,AR just south of the MO/Ark border.

7 people lost their lives in Friday's tornado outbreak here in Arkansas.This time it was in Damascus just a little bit south of CLinton again.That is in the S.central part of the state.I understand that some valuable horses were lost near there in the tornado when it struck their barn.I saw photos on Yahoo of a nice slider stall door,hanging in a tree with the water bucket still hanging from the stall door.

mmry1257
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-05-12 9:00 PM (#83799 - in reply to #83018)

Regular

hail storms 2 weeks ago, our home didnt get hurt but we had the horsetrailer and truck in the yard getting ready for a weekend trip it got 10359.00 in damage. has to be reskinned. We live next to Ft Smith so we also had floods to deal with next day. but everyone was ok! we counted our blessings!
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-05-12 9:11 PM (#83801 - in reply to #83799)

Expert

My husband really gets aggravated sometimes,but,whenever they forecast something like that (which has been WEEKLY here in AR since Feb.5!!!) If we've got a trailer in the yard,I have him take it back over to the shed where we keep them a few miles away. I'm glad we've got a place to park them in.That hail can do a # on white skin,A/C,ect ect.

But what is important is tornado safety.A trailer is NOT a prime place to stay in the event of a storm,tornado (most certainly not) or even straight line winds.Wind can get underneath it easily,as evidenced by overturned semi's.They advise to leave your motor home,trailer,camper,ect and lie flat in a ditch with your head covered if nothing else.Everyone should have a safety plan ready and follow it quickly.Most important in our supplies when camping or on the road is our NOAA weather radio.

The weather is just too unstable to avoid planning for it any more.

PS:  Girl,I think I may know you! Glad you were OK.Aren't you from NE Ar at one time?

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-05-12 9:12 PM
mmry1257
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-05-13 8:39 PM (#83889 - in reply to #83018)

Regular

yes i was raised around Harrisburg and Truman! Went to a small school call Central that was between them!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)